Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Carbon fiber wraps..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
    My old Neon was completely gutted. Only had a nitrous tank, drivers seat, steering wheel, and cluster. I can honestly tell you that swapping hoods you won't notice anything.
    I rode with my CF for 20 minutes when I bough it, I honestly did feel a slight difference in the steering. I guess cause its 30lbs off of the front end. IDK but it was hardly noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by 2doorhardcore View Post
      heres a pic the guy has on craigslist.. not sure if he done it himself but its a shop that does it for 80 bucks.. looks good to me..
      can't you just clear coat it?

Comment

Originally posted by MKMedina View Post
        can't you just clear coat it?
        Not really a need to clear coat vinyl, lasts for 3-5 years outside and you can wax it like normal and there are methods for removing scratches

Comment

^^^ This

Comment

My entire CB is wrapped in Neffywrap and it is the only product that i have come across that has the look and feel of real dry carbon fiber.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
            member ride thread
            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

i have a hood wrap and i dont think it looks like shit but then again its my car lol so what may look like crap to others may look good to me i had it wrapped because a dumbass fd up my hood and i fixed the dent well a big ass dent and then had it wrapped because it was cheaper than getting a new hood then painting it to match color and then real carbon hood is $300+ pretty much got it to be cheap but yes eventually i will get a real one when i save up my pennies.

Comment

i have a carbon fiber hood wraped had it to cover a dent the size of a tenis
                ball because first i fixed it with the best of my abilities otherwise the wrap
                would of make it even noticeable. i didnt want to pay $300+ for the real thing
                at the time so i went with a $100 wrap which in the end i liked next yr
                though ill be getting the real thing but for now i dont have any complains. if
                you have the car parked outside alot in the sun its not recomended to get
                one but like the real carbon hood it will also fade with time. if its convinient for
                you go ahead and get it its your money do what you please. below is mine
                granted my car is dirty so you cant really see how good it looks at least to me lol

Comment

i have my hood wraped saw your trunk looks pretty good i might do that as well awesome cb you have btw

Comment

that must of taken alot of time and patience. i did think about doing my hood wrap purple to match the car but the shop didnt have the right purple : ( maybe next time ill tell them in advance and they can order it

Comment

My entire car is made with carbon fiber and carbon fiber wrapped Oem parts...Damon 93a-lude does all my stuff

Comment

Some food for thought. I'm thinking dashboard but could maybe work for a hood.

Comment

Working...
                        X