• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took a few minutes to install my Lamin-X headlight smoke tint

Before

After

by GhostAccord, on Flickr

Still not sure if I am going to install the smoke tint to the DRL and yellow tint to the fogs........have to give it a try tomorrow and see how they look.
    Last edited by GhostAccord; 12-31-2017, 02:45 PM.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Looks great!
      I need to get some of that stuff for my cts-v once I polish up the headlights.

Comment

I hit them with a few rounds of Mothers Aluminum polish before I installed it.

Where these are basically flat headlights. It was a very easy install. Didn't even need a hair dryer/heat gun. They were cut perfectly as well. Only had to trim the tabs that they leave for installation. They are not as dark as I thought they were going to be. That is a good thing. It doesn't alter my headlight intensity enough to really even notice at night. Unlike the solid removable headlight covers that I have for my Grand Am. I actually have to take them off when it gets dark out.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Took 10 minutes and installed the film to the DRL and Fog lenses.

Got that mad tight JDM look now! lol
          Last edited by GhostAccord; 12-31-2017, 02:47 PM.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Might have to take a few minutes to update the image links on this one.... or not!

Anywho, finally received the proper stage 2 camshafts for this beast this past week.

by Chappy, on Flickr

long weekend here in NB and I am planning on dropping these things in for a little bit of garage time.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Well I figured with 2 weeks off over the holiday that I would go and have my stage 2 cams installed. Thanks to the boys at Fundy Honda Saint John for a job well done. And for catching that leaky coolant pipe, again!

So, with 260km worth of street, highway and back roads tuning I pretty much have her all dialed in. It's now averaging 17.2 L/100km, IMO that's not too shabby. It was 14.1 L/100km before the cam install.

I will have to wait for warmer weather before I start doing any WOT pulls over 6k RPM. For now, idle, partial throttle, VTEC engagement and WOT up to 6k RPM are all good to go.

This thing actually idles along the highway and back roads a lot smoother than the stock cams did.

Vids to follow, once the temperatures rise above -10°C and I get a few...

Wishing all a safe and Happy New Year.

Cheers!
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

ITB update

With spring just around the corner I figured that I would get back to working on the ITB setup. I love working 4-10's, having Fridays off is awesome..... gives me time to do work on my to-do-list.

Opened up the 6 down tubes 5mm to better suit the 50mm throttle opening.

Blended the upper and lower parts of the intake, they will also require some fill at the seam in order to make the transition completely smooth. Not the best mating job from the factory.

Upper portion of the intake ported and polished

Lower portion of the intake

by GhostYK1, on Flickr

The inlet to the intake was also opened up to 76mm. That is the largest I was willing to go. Any further than that and I would have to add material to the outside of the inlet throat.

by GhostYK1, on Flickr

Also Got started on porting and polishing the lower portion of the intake and fabricating my intake manifold inlet adapter.

Lower intake and throttle body porting

by GhostYK1, on Flickr

The intake manifold inlet adapter is what I am designing to replace the OEM throttle body and intake air bypass valve. So far I have only fabricated the flange portion of the adapter.

by GhostYK1, on Flickr

Waiting for an order of 3" aluminum tubing to arrive so I can fabricate the bypass valve housing and weld it to the flange.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Christmas came early this year.....

I was hopping to have this done back in the early spring, but as usual things got in the way. I finally found some time and resources to pull the trigger on getting these bored out. Sent the individual throttles off to George @ Maxbore.com to have them machined to fit my manifold diameter. What a great job, they mate up with the lower spacer 100% now. 46mm bore and new throttle plates. Mint!

Not sure if I am going to get the mechanical/electric throttle system setup finished in time for my December trip to Chris @ Xenocron for dyno tuning, but here's to hoping!
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I was wondering about this build a couple weeks ago. I’m glad to see your still at it. Those ITBs look great!
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                    X