Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what to do.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to do.............

Well its been almost a year since i bought my cb7(only 116,xxx miles), and i decided a while ago i would not work on the cb7 since it needed quite a few repairs and i became a broke college student. it needed 2 doors( it was hit), a trunk lid, and a few other small things i took care off so it could last me this long............

ive been thinking of working on it since a have some cash saved up, but i want power options in my car and dont have any.

so A) sell buy another cb7 or CRX and swap out the engine

or B)stay stuck with manual windows locks, buy doors and trunk lid then save some more cash to swap out the engine.

thoughs? dunno i like the car and it has treated me well but i just want something in a bit better shape with more comodities.

lmk what your opinions are
    thanks
    -Dave

put the money in the car. its kinda hypocritical on my part, i got an ex. but id much rather it be faster to drive, than it be faster to roll down a window-ya know? just my $.02
    if ur 555 then im 666

Comment

crx too small and ugly bro. cb7 look better and bigger.. if ur having money problem. then how u gonna be driving a dodge charger? ur better off fixin the cb7 till ur makin good money when u get outta college to afford better cars. i say stick with what u got unless it's gutted. do it slowly. go to the junk yard u might find doors in the same color as ur car so u dont gotta paint em. and trunk too. junk yard is the cheapest place to get part for cb7.
      DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

i felt the same way but my dx wasnt in bad shape like yours from what i hear...

well when i got my first job and saved up...

i decided am spending cash on a car with maunal windows and locks..why?? this car served me very well...sinces its my first car.. i feel too attached with it..

i couldnt let it go in a bad shape to some other people who might put a fat ass wing and floor it everyday..well just gettin to the point, you decide what you where want to go...cb7 parts are cheap and you can find them in every junkyard....

just my 25 cents..

Comment

If the damage is only on replacable parts, I say keep the car.

Is it a coupe or a sedan?

If it's a coupe, the manual windows and locks aren't too bad. I had a DX coupe, and I honestly preferred it over my LX sedan. Power things fail, especially after 15-17 years. Hell, I just spent 45 minutes messing wiht my driver's side power window today! It still isn't right!

It IS possible to get doors from an LX, EX, or SE and wire up the power components. I don't think I'd bother doing it, but if you feel like a project, go for it.

If the car has treated you well, I don't see the point in getting rid of it.

Comment

well mine is a 90' DX, its a sedan(wish it was a coupe)
            i supose the doors and trunk lid arent that big of a deal, how ever rust is. in the back door(driver side) you can see the paint bubled up and some rust, also paint is cracked between the door window and back windshield.
            and dont really know how much it would cost to cut out and weld new metal in, thats pretty much the biggest of my worries

sensys01: it is hypocritical, but they are comodities i would apreciate. but after what deevergote said i might give the electric windows a second thought

i gotta replace my timing belt/water pump soon but the job is 500+ and thats almost half way to a new engine......

ill take some pics today

Comment

$800 will get you an F22B DOHC, I believe... I'd say swap for that

Take some pics of the damage and the rust. I've had my rust repaired in the past for a reasonable price.

Are you in north or south jersey?

Comment

im in south jersey(burlington), and ill take some pics when i get home after class.

yay got an interview tommorow with fiber engineering for drafting/design(fibereng.com)

Comment

Cool. We'll have to meet up sometime. I'm not too far from Burlington myself (well, a half hour, perhaps).

If you replace the doors, and the rust isn't terrible, there's a Maaco down my way in Turnersville that's quite good. I paid $650 for rust repair and a repaint.

Comment

not bad, you know any shop you trust to do an engine swap? my digicam died so gotta charge it before i can host the pics lol
                    -Dave

Comment

Working...
                    X