No announcement yet.

NWaccord : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got around to mocking up the turbo manifold for the new build. First time ever attempting one, with help from my youngest brother
    I originally had bought the Flange, T4 Collector, and Schedule 10 Pipe during the summer, but finally decided to tackle it.

Its designed to run A/C & Power Steering with half size radiator. It allows up to a GT40 to bolt up not that I will be running one but just in case. Ran out of pipe so still waiting on that.

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
    MRT F22B - 643whp - 529tq @ 30psi
    11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

<3

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Cars look'n mean with those 17's on. Are going to pick up a civic 1/2 rad? Looks like there's no room for the turbo.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
        MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Not looking bad at all.

You'll get great response with the length of those runners. Nice design man!!

I'd be a little concerned with clearence, but Im sure thats just the pics. Nice work man. How much time invested at this point?
          Originally posted by wed3k
          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
            Cars look'n mean with those 17's on. Are going to pick up a civic 1/2 rad? Looks like there's no room for the turbo.
            Thanks man, I'm loving the 17's a lot more too
            Yeah it would have to be 1/2 size in there, Only way.

Originally posted by toycar View Post
            Not looking bad at all.

You'll get great response with the length of those runners. Nice design man!!

I'd be a little concerned with clearence, but Im sure thats just the pics. Nice work man. How much time invested at this point?
            Thanks man, Yeah took me a while to figure what design I wanted; lower mount, side mount, ect....I'm happy with the results and people (like you) have been saying its a decent design so hopefully
            Yeah clearance looks tight, and it is sort of because traditional turbo kits for accords run downpipe facing driver side. This setups turbocharger compressor will be facing the driver side, while the hot side towards the passenger. Downpipe will run straight out and down, hugging the bottom of the tranny case. It will hook up to a 3" straight back the traditional way.
            Should look pretty trick once completed with no downpipe running under the oil pan!

Edit: R&D took about 4 days, 4 hours a day. So roughly 15 hours
            Last edited by NWaccord; 02-09-2013, 02:39 PM.

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
            11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

looks awsome, that compressor looks like a cd5 style compressor, a stock cb compressor has both high and low lines very very close to each other

how much boost you're planning to run on this
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Loving on the stance before the coils man.

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                  looks awsome, that compressor looks like a cd5 style compressor, a stock cb compressor has both high and low lines very very close to each other

how much boost you're planning to run on this
                  You are correct! Its the same compressor that came with the engine when I Imported it, I believe it came out of a 96 Accord. It's been working for over 4 years, no problem.
                  20psi on 92 octane is the goal, calculating 500hp with ID 1000's. We're planning a reliable, non track duty setup. Stock H head with new LMA's for a super smooth and quite head, mated to a bullet proof F block. I'm leaning towards a BORG WARNER S366, Nothing but good reviews, and they last forever. Doesn't make sense having a turbo that makes more power than competitors ones but can't outlast them....aka "Precisions"

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                  Loving on the stance before the coils man.
                  Thanks man! I miss my H&R springs, This setup is bout 3/4" lower all around. I actually like the look, I did have to extend my front Top Hats exactly 3/4" and cut out the shock towers. I have something trick planned for that

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                  11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

Cant wait to see that trick, Im running into the same problem, im not super slammed but im low enough to where i cant get to my SPC adjustable upper balljoints when on the alignment rack..

So a couple holes in the strut towers are in my near future too. Just need something to retain structure but make the UCA's accessable

8 Accords so far:
                    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

I've had a 1 1/2" hole on both towers where the bolt hits for over 4 years. Never had a problem with the structure. Now though, the problem is the arm. I literally cut a 3"x 4" section off it now, just planning to fabricate covers and weld them up. At full drop with weight, the arms sticks out 1/2" above the low side of the tower.

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                      11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

I want yo new reeeeems!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

nice car and build. what size tires were you running on the 16's? i like the meaty look

Comment

I'd like to see how far you've gone with yours so i don't feel so bad when i hack into mine then haha. I've drilled a 1" hole so far which is enough to get an extension through it for the socket i'm using. But the arm still bangs constantly lol

8 Accords so far:
                            '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                            '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                            (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

I am loving that ac/ps friendly manifold! If you make another one I would so buy it!

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
                                I want yo new reeeeems!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Thanks Man! It took me literally close to a year to make up my mind on what look I wanted. The car sat on steelies all that time. I'm really happy with my decision, something different than the average step lips!

Originally posted by sepulveda87 View Post
                                nice car and build. what size tires were you running on the 16's? i like the meaty look
                                Thankyou! The tires where 205/50/16's I think thats the perfect size for CB's, fills up our huge fender wells nicely and it only read 1-2mph off! Alot less road noise too! My new tires are 205/45/17's

Originally posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post
                                I'd like to see how far you've gone with yours so i don't feel so bad when i hack into mine then haha. I've drilled a 1" hole so far which is enough to get an extension through it for the socket i'm using. But the arm still bangs constantly lol
                                Oh your gonna trip when you see my towers hacked up!
                                But I have (ZERO) banging of the arms! and the car is super low!

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                                I am loving that ac/ps friendly manifold! If you make another one I would so buy it!
                                Thankyou Sir, I will keep that in mind. I'm surely sharpening up my fabrication skills. I have a lot more things I wanna start fabricating, and one of my good friends is nice TIG welder and fellow CB7 enthusiast! Some of the things I wanna start is a 3'' Stainless steel charge pipe, from battery side all the way to TB, custom traction control bar, and custom strut braces. I think things like that would benefit more than one CB

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                                11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

Working...
                                X