No announcement yet.

EXT : CV Axles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good job!!!! hahaha i wish i knew girls that could figure out where there oil was!!!! lol

wearing flats while working on a car???? thats a first :P

Nice

.My Ride.

Comment

wheezy911-

Something else could be wrong, and without pics, I am going to have a hard time helping you. Try to explain a little better, or posting some pics and I'll be happy to help.

To all of yall who gave me props, Thanks!
      Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

the halfshaft has snapped where the boot connects coming from the tranny(meaning the car can no longer move) and i wanted to know would it be harder to replace the axle on the tranny side
        Team Accord #17 F & H series or no series....Rota Slips are the new steelies -_-

Comment

If that was to happen to me, I would try to pull it strait out by whatever was left of the axle.
          If you can't get a good grip on it, try working a flat head where the axle meets the tranny, and try to pry it out.

USE Caution, not to warp or break the splines inside the tranny, cause if you get it out, but F* up the splines, its gonna be a beotch to get a new one in there, perhaps even perm damage to tranny.

Comment

I've recently lost my air compressor at my house. It probably doesn't matter since I'm moving this week, but OMG air tools make the job so much nicer, and you don't really notice it until you start using air tools, then have to go back to doing everything by hand.

Nice write up though. The visuals definitely help are there are never enough quality write ups
            Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Once I had to swap axles-weekly-in my ex's ED hatch.
              (I was 16 @ the time, so not recently. )
              He caught rides to work with my Dad, and left me with a fresh axle (good 'ole "life-time warranty" axles) and ... hand tools.
              Granted, he did it the first time. Showed me how to do it, then I did it.
              Every week.

For about 2 months.

(There is back story as to HOW this car came to eat axles weekly, but that is not for this thread.)

That said,
              Air Compressor= WIN

Comment

how the hell did u manage to keep ur shoes white????? lol nice work though im gonna do this as sson as i get my tax money
                1992 Honda Accord Lx
                [/I][/I][/I]

Comment

Lolz, I wipe them off.

A bit of advice?
                  Its cheaper (If you can) to pull the old axles off before going to get your new ones. You won't have to pay the core charge.

It would have saved me 70 bucks up front. (I changed both axles)
                  I got it back, but I would have rather not have parted with it in the first place.

Comment

very nice write up monica should have called me i would have loved to come out. But ya there is a trick u can use with a crow bar or a big pipe

I am loving the dirty hands with pretty pink nail polish
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

bump for piks

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

Pics and write up on page 1!

Comment

Great thread. I couldnt of done without the pics and info
                          2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
                          2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
                          CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
                          GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

U FUCKING GO GIRL !!!! get that shit !!!
                            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Thanks, Hostile!
                              Did you use it???

If someone actually USES this DIY, I would like to know how useful/or not it was.

xkjnboix- Thanks for the props!

And right back at you, Louisiana Love!
                              ( I was born in Lafayette)

Comment

Great write up! Lots of pics and very detailed

Just want to add that as already mentioned, the pickle fork is a balljoint boot killer. If you have a bit of money to spare or work on cars a lot, I highly recommend this balljoint tool (about $25 if I remember right, cheaper than a good quality balljoint!). I use it for all balljoints and tierods. If you do use this, I recommend putting a nut on the end of the balljoint stud to keep it from crushing/damaging it.

As for the person saying to disconnect the tie rod, what I do is crank the steering wheel all the way opposite of the side your working on (eg:left side axle, turn wheels right). With the lower balljoint out, this pushes the entire knuckle out giving you more than enough room to pull the axle out of the tranny or halfshaft. I like to disconnect as little parts as possible.

The hub nut can be a huge pain. There was one cb that had one stuck on tight and I broke three 1/2" drive breaker bars trying to loosen it. So I bought a 3/4" drive 4' breaker bar and 36mm socket and that thing gets all hub nuts off (I don't even have to unstake it).

Oh, the 5speed tranny needs to have the mtf drained or it will pour out the hole when you remove the axle but autos don't need to have the fluid drained.

Comment

Working...
                                X