No announcement yet.

SUSP : Suspension Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very good write up , i i had to figure strut and spring install on my own. this should help any one out
    WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by mxcx
      Is anyone else's bottom fork bolt REALLY freaking hard to get off? Like..nearly impossibly hard? Any suggestions? I already tried WD40ing the hell out of it, and Im still here asking this question, so thats probably out. Dammit..I hate that bolt
      im a little late on this thread, but i had a hard time getting this bolt out of the bottom rear driver side suspension.. pain in the ass, i finally get leverage and i broke off the head of the mother fucker.. it took me 45 minutes to do all three and 2 hours of fucking with this one bolt. any suggestions.. now i have a drop on three sides and one stock shock/spring assembly installed
      .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

never mind i found mikes threadsiezed lower rear suspension bolt
        .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

About getting the assembly to clear the fender when taking the strut/springs out, all you have to do is have a friend stand on the rotor to move it down enough to get the strut/springs to clear the fender. You have to put a good amount of weight on it to get enough room but when you let up it just pops right back up...they are spring loaded to move to the top when there is no pressure on them.

Comment

not to sound like an idiot but yea what is a bumpstop?

i did make the switch from springs to coils... but my ride rides like shit its all bouncy.. i have kyb adjustalbes set to a good rate paired with ground controls. im bouncing left and right

Comment

Originally posted by SSDH22Accord
              not to sound like an idiot but yea what is a bumpstop?

i did make the switch from springs to coils... but my ride rides like shit its all bouncy.. i have kyb adjustalbes set to a good rate paired with ground controls. im bouncing left and right
              bumpstop is a yellow spongy looking thing that goes over the shock piston. (its up under the dust boot on stocks) This makes sure that the shock will not bottom out, a nice thing to have on a lowered suspension, but you usually have to cut them to allow for more play since you are already reducing the flex. Come to think of it, not sure if I used them or not on my suspension.

Comment

alright cool... i have one then lol... i always wondered what that did...but i didnt cut mine.. i left the dust cover off because it didnt fit with my coils..is it bad not to have one?

Comment

Originally posted by SSDH22Accord
                  alright cool... i have one then lol... i always wondered what that did...but i didnt cut mine.. i left the dust cover off because it didnt fit with my coils..is it bad not to have one?
                  well, you allow dirt and stuff to get on top of the shock easier and scratch the shock piston. Over time it could make it leak, but shouldnt be anything you would have to worry about for quite a while as long as you dont live on a dirt road or something.

Comment

aero wheres ur diy at?
                    http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

sorta tha opposite there

you should alwayz loosen the bottom nut first of ur struts before loosenin the top oness u neva loosen the top onesfirst....as for i have i seen its results lol not niceeeee

Comment

Originally posted by mxcx
                        Is it next to fucking impossible for anyone else to line up the rear fork bolt when reassembling?
                        you need either 2 jacks - 1 supporting the car and the second one to push the rear trailing assy / brakes up to line up with the shock. I did it countless times, by myself in order to adjust the rears of my coilovers. It takes a bit of time, but it works
                        BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

Hey, have a few questions about koni yellow shocks. I received mine and I am wondering if we just put the spring seat onto the height adjustable circlip? On a Integra DIY, it shows a ring being placed on top the circlipe first, shown below.

Circlip only

Ring on top circlip

My shocks didn't come with any circlip. ARe they supposed to? And final question is in the following pic, you'll see a white washer and the bumpstop on the shock shaft. HOW do you get the washer there? The hole isn't big enough to go on there. The bumpstop isn't either. Any help would be great, thanks.

Comment

When i talked to the the workers at neuspeed over the phone i asked them why is my car riding up so high. He said do not sue the bumpstops the only thing that should be in there is the white little clip that comes with the kit thats it do not use the stops they will actually damage that strut and make your car ride like shit trust me i know this ive been there before.

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
                              Hey, have a few questions about koni yellow shocks. I received mine and I am wondering if we just put the spring seat onto the height adjustable circlip? On a Integra DIY, it shows a ring being placed on top the circlipe first, shown below.

Circlip only

Ring on top circlip

My shocks didn't come with any circlip. ARe they supposed to? And final question is in the following pic, you'll see a white washer and the bumpstop on the shock shaft. HOW do you get the washer there? The hole isn't big enough to go on there. The bumpstop isn't either. Any help would be great, thanks.

Their should have come a spring seat with the setup you bought. There should be 4 seats total and look a lot like the ones on your stock shocks. The stock ones don't move though. Anyway, move the clip to where you want it, slide the spring seat over the shock and onto the clip. Actually, directions should have come with that setup as well with a picture diagram. Follow that picture diagram.
                              As far as the bumpstops and white clip, the bumpstops do fit. You just gotta muscle them down. The white clip should have a break in it. It is bendable so just bend it onto the shock at the bottom past the round metal weld where the silver spacer is in your pic above.
                              Last edited by H23Accord; 04-09-2006, 03:00 PM.
                              "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                                When i talked to the the workers at neuspeed over the phone i asked them why is my car riding up so high. He said do not sue the bumpstops the only thing that should be in there is the white little clip that comes with the kit thats it do not use the stops they will actually damage that strut and make your car ride like shit trust me i know this ive been there before.
                                So DON'T use bumpstops? They make your car ride liek shit huh and damage the strut.

Comment

Working...
                                X