Problem with my integra!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with my integra!!

hey guys, i got a problem with my integra. When i try to start it, the starter will click once SOMETIMES, (other times nothing) and the cooling fans will come on somtimes, which i think is weird. I bench tested the starter multiple times, checked all my cables and grounds, and put a new battery in. All the grounds have zero resistance. battery is sitting at about 12.5v. i am getting full voltage to the starter. fuel pump and spark are good, i can push start it just fine. Main relay is good. i was thinking ignition switch, but once it starts its fine. any input would be great, as i am working on it as we speak. thanks

by the way its a 98 ls, with a gsr 5spd swap

The battery should be reading 14.00. Can't tell you that's the cause of your problem though. Also this is the this thread should go in the Other Automotive Section.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
      The battery should be reading 14.00. Can't tell you that's the cause of your problem though. Also this is the this thread should go in the Other Automotive Section.
      theres no way a battery can read 14.00 volts unless the car is running or you just took if off the charger.

Comment

u are in the exact same situation i was in a couple months ago. does the car start when you jump it? if it does you NEED to replace the plunger and contacts on the starter ASAP. you can buy the kit off ebay just search for clicker fixer. NEVER TRADE IN YOUR GENUINE NIPPON DENSO STARTER FOR AUTOZONE CRAP!!

Comment

sorry it's not on subject but i saw integra and i figured this is correct. I just got a head from a friend of mine. The casting number is pr3-1. I've narrowed it down to the b16, but i don't know which one. It needs 2 valves and a good lube job. I hope to sell it. It's bare and clean though. I noticed that the b18c is pr3-3 I was so excited when i saw that, but then noticed the -3 part. oh well.

so what do i have?
          WTB:
          88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
          OR
          90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

My boy had the same problem, it would only start with a jump. He then replaced the alternator and battery. Nothing, so he changed all his ground and it worked. He was going to replace the starter too but to this day he has the same one and the car turns on fine. I recommend to change your grounds and check all your connections.

Comment

Working...
            X