Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

strut and spring drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strut and spring drop

when a strut says it gives u a 1.5" drop, the car is going to drop 1.5" with stock springs. is this correct? if a spring says it gives u a 2" drop, the car is going to drop 2" with stock struts. is this correct? so if i pair these struts with these springs, its going to give me a 3.5" drop. is this correct? sorry but im a noob to suspension. i want a drop but not something more than 2". just want to make sure before i buy anything

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
    My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
    Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

No way. Only strut that can give you lowering benefits is the Koni Yellow , and it gives you a drop of 0.25 maximum.
    Lowering springs and coil-over sleeves (drop spec varies) , will give you lowering benefits.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I've never seen a strut claiming a drop in ride height. Maybe it's talking about a adjustable spring perch? That might have an effect on ride height. What kind of stuts are these?

Comment

Yes what you said is exactly correct.
        There are a few struts out there that are shorter then stock such as skunk2s and there are even some that lift the car a little like the kyb "drop killers" lol

Comment

Unless the strut is taller/shorter it cannot change ride height

The strut dampens the effect of the spring, nothing more.

Comment

The strut will never change the ride height, unless the spring perch is lower (such as on the Koni Yellow, with the adjustable perch)

When a strut says 1.5", that means it shouldn't be used with springs that go any lower than that. The KYB AGX, for example... the warranty is void if you lower your car more than 1.5". They also will not respond very well, and may blow if you go lower.

Lowering springs should NEVER be used with stock shocks, PERIOD. Don't even consider that an option. The spring manufacturers sure don't.

Comment

Originally posted by ShayneRizzle View Post
              Yes what you said is exactly correct.
              There are a few struts out there that are shorter then stock such as skunk2s and there are even some that lift the car a little like the kyb "drop killers" lol
              the skunk2's are a short stroke/body strut that are designed to accommodate the shorter travel of a lowered vehicle on lowering springs. paired with stock springs there shouldn't be a change in ride height. the "drop killers" height are most likely due to an improper measurement of spring perch on the strut body (my hypothesis) by the manufacturer. this would be the same idea as the koni "yellow" sports that have the adjustable perch that may be moved up or down from the oem spec location on the body.

buzz11: springs are the components that will offer the ride height change. the only exception for the struts are the koni yellows. you also have the choice of coilover sleeves (e.g. ground-control) that offer a range of height variation. if you've got the money, pair those up (yellows and ground-controls) and you'll have all the lowering you want plus reliability if taken care of!
              Last edited by apalileo; 09-02-2010, 06:04 PM. Reason: who was "exactly correct"?
              1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

p.s. where did you find this information that the strut gives you a certain amount of lowering? i'm just curious.

Comment

I believe he misinterpreted the part that says the AGX is good to 1.5". It means the strut can withstand that much of a drop. He took it to mean that it GIVES that much of a drop.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    I believe he misinterpreted the part that says the AGX is good to 1.5". It means the strut can withstand that much of a drop. He took it to mean that it GIVES that much of a drop.
                    ah... makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                    X