Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Hidden sub location??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok u wanna keep ur stuff safe without having to rip ur car appart or comprimising the sound of an expensive sub box try revoving 1 of ur front seats preferably the side u ran ur power wire on,and fasten it securly wire it up and bolt ur seat back in ,hidden super clean provided ur amp is not 2 big 2 fit.try (L) brackets 2 hold ur box down.also stops ur box from bouncing around ur trunk when ur driving the way us honda guys love 2 drive.

Comment

Awesome and more awesome, thanks for the great input guys. Is the sound really that bad with the sub in the spare well??

Comment

build a false wall for it:

you dont need that screen there if you want it to be really hidden

The Wood grippin' - Mesh spinnin' Accord
        My Ride | Cars from my trip to Japan | Japan II

Comment

i recomend u to use long screws so it can take then longer to take then off and dont use lil ones

Comment

If you're REALLY that worried about it, just get a full set of nice door/rear dash speaks and an amp for them. They'll sound just as good as a single 10", trust me.

Ever been in a Chysler/Dodge with a stock Infinity system? IMO they sound great without a sub.
            MRT(vvv) --Stock CB7 Enthusiast #1--

Vouches: new_beginnings, ThrakBarts, beanzfynest617, JaK FRoSTWhiTE, 92_EX_Ninja, mak
            Originally posted by deevergote
            i am with the dumb. i cannot brain.

Comment

spare tire well

i would go with the spare tire well most def.

Comment

I had a friend you mounted his sub in amp in the spot for his spare tire then put put the carpet back on top and i never would have guessed where his bass was coming from.
                1991 Accord Ex F22a4 Daily Driver
                1992 Acura Integra LS B18c swap
                1994 Civic Dx Gsr swap

Comment

Originally posted by OnBBS17s
                  build a false wall for it:

you dont need that screen there if you want it to be really hidden

or on the sidewalls where there isnt a damn thing but carpetand cardboard get a custom box for a 10 or 12 on each side and get it installed where u bolt the custom box down itself
                  Members Ride sold...
                  I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

not exactly hidden, but heres something for the sidewalls. dont mind the missing carpet its goin in as soon as i got time.

Member Ride Facebook
                    XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                    SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                    For Sale Thread

Comment

Relocated the trunk popper in a more hidden place then add an electric selenoid to open the trunk
                      91 Accord EX Coupe

My pics Thread

I play for the team I own...

Comment

i built a false floor out of 2 pieces 3/4 MDF (side by side, as the trunk floor is wider than the opening) then put my box in, then screwed the box down to the false floor from the inside. there is NO way to get that thing out other than taking the subs out first. even then, you have to know the correct way of getting it out, or it will just wedge itself in there. my subs arent hidden at all (homemade fiberglass faced box, dont wanna hide it ) but it is still very secure.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

After sitting inside my trunk last night taking measurements out the ass and drawing up PRACTICAL designs for my new 10", I think this sounds the most efficient so far. Thanks for all your ideas guys, you rock and keep em comin, I may change my mind

Comment

Originally posted by 91 EX-R
                            actually, i was thinkin you could just bolt the box to the floor from the inside then install the sub after the box is already down. they would have to unscrew the sub to steal it and that takes longer than would be wise. this would make it pretty hard to steal.

Why not do this, then strip the screws so they can't be removed with a screwdriver/drill, unless they go and buy a screw extracter.... Plus, bolt your amp to the back of the box, towards the seat. Once they see this setup, they will think twice since there will be so much work to steal it....

Comment

ok i thought i could throw out a shnazzy idea no one has talked bout yet. well i start off by sayin i used to work at a podunk ass stereo shop and it kinda turned me into a audiophile and well while i worked there i had a 91 chevy lumina minivan and lets say my motto was go big or go home well then i got my Prelude and i started to think bout all the weight and also the stolen shit factor cuz i lost three audio setups in my van. so i wanted bad ass sound not too many or too big components. well that brings me to Bass Shakers this is what i found when i started researching options. this looks like it MAY sound good but im not sure well let me tell you this stuff was the best idea well i did that setup first then i upgraded to 3 x 5" Focal subs and it got even better i dont have my old pictures from my build but use this link Bass Shakers and a little imagination and you will love this. but if you want huge subs and ridiculous bass well alot of the other members ideas are the way to go i just wanted to give you another option. sorry bout long post

Comment

oh i forgot to mention make sure to do this to your girl's seat too because well i dont think i need to explain too much vibrations - your girl - on the way home - ok you get the picture

Comment

Working...
                                X