Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Which is better for adjusting camber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is better for adjusting camber?

So I've been thinking of getting some eibach springs for my 92 ex. Don't need or want a major drop but a bit lower would be nice. My question is, which would be better for adjusting my camber, upper adjustable ball joints or lowers? (i have to replace both sets anyway) I might want to run a bit of negative camber but I do alot of highway driving and I'm not interested in replacing front tires once a month. Thanks!

Upper

I don't even know if anyone makes lower ones for our cars.

Especially since we are tight on the wheel well, it is nice to be able to move the top in as apposed to moving the bottom out.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

it depends on what your getting. I have the eibach pro kit springs it gives 1.2 drop all around. And I use the SPC anchor bolt type camber kit (the one that connects to the upper control arm). But if your going for a bigger drop, then the ball joint one is what I recommend. SPC or Ingalls for the brand. most members on here like those two brands as well.

check this thread out as well, its thoroughly comprehensive.
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318

Comment

Thanks for the thread link that's a lot of info! There are lowers I can get them at napa they are just like $250+ each and I can't remember if Spc or moog make them. They are available for up to 3 degrees of adjustment I think and the uppers have 1.5 degrees of adjustment if I remember correctly.

Comment

yeah the balljoints give -1.5 and another goes up to -3, and the UCA anchor bolts (i have these) gives the range of -1.5 to 0.

I think it is SPC you are talking about, but moog is a reputable brand as well, a couple of buddies of mine said that moog UCA's are better than other oem spec parts.

theres other stickies as well then the one i showed you. And you are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyD View Post
            Thanks for the thread link that's a lot of info! There are lowers I can get them at napa they are just like $250+ each and I can't remember if Spc or moog make them. They are available for up to 3 degrees of adjustment I think and the uppers have 1.5 degrees of adjustment if I remember correctly.
            Really, would you mind posting a link. I have never seen them.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

I will get the part numbers on Monday, I work at an alignment shop and I just called our local napa and they found them for me, so I don't have a link.

Comment

I believe they make anchor bolt kits for a more extreme drop as well.

Personally, I do not like the idea of pressing the ball joints in and out of the stock arms. Honda won't sell the upper ball joints and control arms separately, and I assume they do that for a reason. A quality anchor bolt kit is my preference (SPC specifically... I've broken cheap ones, and I have friends that have broken Ingalls.)

If you have a very mild drop, such as 1.2", you may not really need to adjust the camber. There will be some degree of negative camber, but as long as you have your toe aligned properly, and perhaps a set of tires that can handle negative camber (Nitto NeoGen tires are supposedly made with negative camber in mind) then you might be ok.

Comment

A camber kit at the lower ball joint? Don't think that's even possible, but I'd love to see it!

My swap thread
                  Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

It doesn't exist.

Comment

Ya so I called the guy at napa again and had him double check and sure enough no such luck, the parts he saw were for uppers by Spc and they were lifetime warranty. Effing expensive if you ask me. Thanks for all the help guys

Comment

No such luck?
                        SPC is the best you can get. Yes, they're not cheap... but inexpensive ones will break (I learned that firsthand... at 65mph in rush hour traffic...)

Comment

Ok, I try not to cheap out too much when it comes to suspension. Plus I've seen some bad things with cheap parts working at the alignment shop. Thanks again for all the help!

Comment

you have a link to the ones you ordered?

Comment

http://www.iapdirect.com/product.php?productid=39873 I didn't buy them off that site, I ordered them from napa, I don't know if napa in the states carries them or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X