Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT : Legend lip install.... 56k be warned!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is for the sedan lip, but i dont imagine the coupe lip to be much different.

Im curious as to how everyone attached the lip to the car...

There are 3 tabs on each end of the coupe lip that can be used, but there's no place to attach the center portion. Did everyone just let it hang or what?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

From pics ive seen it's only attached on the sides. No wonder you guys used a ton of screws and bolts, lol.

By any chance, did anyone just reuse the old hardware? How many did you use? I would think 3 or 4 per side would be ample.`

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Looks good bro

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
          This is for the sedan lip, but i dont imagine the coupe lip to be much different.

Im curious as to how everyone attached the lip to the car...

There are 3 tabs on each end of the coupe lip that can be used, but there's no place to attach the center portion. Did everyone just let it hang or what?
          From pics ive seen it's only attached on the sides. No wonder you guys used a ton of screws and bolts, lol.

By any chance, did anyone just reuse the old hardware? How many did you use? I would think 3 or 4 per side would be ample.`

Even once the holes/slits are cut, where does the lip actually attach? I found that the inside of the center "dip" hits the inner "lip" of the bumper.

Maybe im going about it all wrong...maybe it's not as clean as an install as i thought but this is not just a "bolt-up" affair. The slits that need to be cut only allow for the tabs to enter, they dont allow for a place to actually attach the lip to the bumper. Unless my fogs are in the way of something...

Comment

Ok, I'm not getting something on this.....what are the slits for again?

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

I used and buttload of drywall screws on mine and its look pretty clean and rather solid as well (I have scraped it a few times). Check my MRT even tho I don't have DIY on there but its looks good.
              The CB7 Collector.
              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
              92 LX Coupe F22A1
              2013 Toyota Corolla S
              92 EX Sedan F22A1
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by rocketman_471 View Post
                The slits are used if you want to use the OEM bolts and nut(washers) that are used on the EX factory lip. I used 2 of the OEM jobs on each side and 2 other screws on each side for a total of eight across the whole lip. It is hard to explain but once you get the bumper off you will see what I mean.

92 Accord LX

My Ride

Comment

Even once the holes/slits are cut, where does the lip actually attach? I found that the inside of the center "dip" hits the inner "lip" of the bumper.

Maybe im going about it all wrong...maybe it's not as clean as an install as i thought but this is not just a "bolt-up" affair. The slits that need to be cut only allow for the tabs to enter, they dont allow for a place to actually attach the lip to the bumper. Unless my fogs are in the way of something...

it's for added support.

Originally posted by HappyGilmoreX View Post
                  I used and buttload of drywall screws on mine and its look pretty clean and rather solid as well (I have scraped it a few times). Check my MRT even tho I don't have DIY on there but its looks good.
                  nice lol

Originally posted by tdabuser View Post
                  The slits are used if you want to use the OEM bolts and nut(washers) that are used on the EX factory lip. I used 2 of the OEM jobs on each side and 2 other screws on each side for a total of eight across the whole lip. It is hard to explain but once you get the bumper off you will see what I mean.

looks good lol
                  back at it again

Comment

Ok, cool. Now, did you have to heat yours at all and bend it, or just kinda man-handle it?

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

some times you dont need to heat it to make it fit lol
                      back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
                        Ok, well I'll give it a try and post up my progress.

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
                          I've found the 91-93 Legend coupe lip is much easier to contour 90-91 CB bumpers than 92-93.
                          My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Ok, cool. Now, did you have to heat yours at all and bend it, or just kinda man-handle it?
                            No heat needed IMO. Just take your time. No man-handle needed, it is flexible. Mark the lip in the middle (and do the same on the bumper). Then use some (painters) tape to hold it down in place (on the inner corners). Start on one side and just conform it and screw it in as you go making sure that the lip is flush with the lower bumper. I didn't mess up but I was thinking that if I did, I would just back the screw out and repeat the process for that portion making a new mounting hole. Again, this might seem complicated, but it is really no biggie at all. Getting the bumper off (if you never did it) is harder than attaching the lip...lol

92 Accord LX

My Ride

Comment

No heat needed IMO. Just take your time. No man-handle needed, it is flexible. Mark the lip in the middle (and do the same on the bumper). Then use some (painters) tape to hold it down in place (on the inner corners). Start on one side and just conform it and screw it in as you go making sure that the lip is flush with the lower bumper. I didn't mess up but I was thinking that if I did, I would just back the screw out and repeat the process for that portion making a new mounting hole. Again, this might seem complicated, but it is really no biggie at all. Getting the bumper off (if you never did it) is harder than attaching the lip...lol
                              good idea man
                              back at it again

Comment

i have a 91 ex with the small lip do i remove it or put the legend lip on top

Comment

Working...
                                X