H23a vtec swap 91' coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H23a vtec swap 91' coupe

ok guys i searched the prelude forums and here and couldn't really come up with a good answer but, i picked up a blue top h23a vtec engine and am looking for a gasket set for it and have heard some h22 stuff would work and to not use ebay stuff but am not sure what to get. im on kinda a budget build here and cant afford honda gaskets and tas auto doesn't really have much. im sure my h23a is obdII model engine also it has a hydraulic tensioner set up, i also have a 92 h23 non vtec for parts with manual tensioner set up, and wasn't sure what everyone was running for a set-up as for the tensioner. input would be much appreciated thanks guys!!

Ya know I'm wondering this also. I'm going h23 vtec later down the road and this would be good to know

Comment

some guys on this 4th gen lude forum were saying you could use a h22a4 gasket set since they are both vtec and the a4 is open deck. not sure 100% on that being true but thats what i read. i know that the exhaust gasket and intake gasket is different, not sure on the other stuff though

Comment

h22a4 gaskets
        a4 timing belts
        h23 manual tensioner
        a4 HG (h23a is open deck)

OP you need a obd1 plenum, for your iac to work
        and cut and splice all the wires that go to the injector resistor, if you want to use the obd2 injectors

if not, your going to need h22 ones
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Hey guys. H23A vtec swap and timing belt was no different for me than obd2 h22a swap. Manual tensioner conversion works perfect. It was super tight for me though. Had to massage the belt for a bit before it would go on. Almost all the gaskets for the h23a vtec were the same as h22a for external portion of the engine. As far as I know with my experience and what I've read the only differences are in the main crank bearings and the crank/rods/pistons. Head gasket is the same part number even. my block and head are both stamped p13 so they are same casting as H22a. I bought a half decent gasket set from ebay that said it was oem quality or better and everything ive used from it so far worked great. I bought my timing belt and water pump from honda. Most of the H23A vtecs dont use many gaskets anyways. Most gaskets from the engine are made from factory from hondabond. (Gray stuff coming out from oil pan gasket area is actually factory they don't come with an actual oil pan gasket stock.)

You will need upper half of the intake manifold from an obd1 H22/H23 and the drivers side engine mount bracket. other than that follow all directions on obd2 h22a. and run a chipped and tuned ecu! P13 ecu runs like crap...

^Click Me!^

Comment

anyone happen to have write up of each set of gaskets with individual part numbers?

Comment

Working...
            X