Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

blackworks coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blackworks coilovers

Is anyone using or heard of these blackworks coilovers are they good or crap

There are better options.

Comment

I've heard they are just ok
      My whips so clean I can see the reflection of your car in the reflection of my car on the reflection of your car

Comment

save money and get something trustworthy

Comment

Dont they cost the same as all the others, why these in particular?

For the 1000000th time, if you care about handling + ride quality at all, Koni shocks and any kind of drop springs, or GC coils.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Blackworks tends to get grouped in with all the other "knockoff" setups. I don't know how true it is, and what it's a copy of... or if it's just a cheaply made generic setup. I haven't heard anything particularly bad (at least not for our cars... I think VW guys have had bad experiences), but as I said... there are better options.

Koni Yellows and good springs or Ground Control sleeves, as mentioned, are always a good option. Tein Basic is a good street setup.

Comment

Function and form ftw
              @bradleymward
              #cb7swag

Comment

Just to shed some light on the Teins. I was looking into them before I got my F&F (actually, really had my heart set on them). I wanted to get the Tein Basics, and came to realize after tons of searching, they no longer make the Basics. They've been discontinued. However, they have been replaced with their new line called the Basis which is on the same order. Around the time when I needed my suspension done, the Basis wasn't ready to be purchased for our cars. Hence why I'm on F&Fs.
                Last edited by Straight Success; 02-05-2012, 08:23 PM.
                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by kingdubs View Post
                  Function and form ftw
                  Would you care to elaborate? Do you have any reason for saying this, other than "I heard good things on the internet"?

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                  Just to shed some light on the Tiens. I was looking into them before I got my F&F (actually, really had my heart set on them). I wanted to get the Tien Basics, and came to realize after tons of searching, they no longer make the Basics. They've been discontinued. However, they have been replaced with their new line called the Basis which is on the same order. Around the time when I needed my suspension done, the Basis wasn't ready to be purchased for our cars. Hence why I'm on F&Fs.
                  ORLY?

http://www.tein.com/products/basic.html

Comment

Yes.

Everywhere I called or tried to place an order through told me that. East and West coast, including Weaksauce.

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                    So, after being enlightened by every distributor that I contacted about them being out of the Tein Basics, I just said **** it. I ordered a set of F&F Type Ones from weaksauce.com (Weksos) to hold me over. Hopefully they aren't too harsh. We'll see!

Of course an extensive review will be done riding around with track inspired coilovers on Philadelphia streets.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Interesting. You'd think Tein would've updated their own website in that case. They still list pricing for the CB7 Accord, too.

Comment

I was actually looking at the tein basis coilovers. They are like $665 on andy's. Im still pricing but it seems like i would end up spending about $600 without shipping for koni yellows and tein s techs. So what would be better? Cuz I would be willing to spend a little more for tein coilovers if the basis are worth it.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
                          I was actually looking at the tein basis coilovers. They are like $665 on andy's. Im still pricing but it seems like i would end up spending about $600 without shipping for koni yellows and tein s techs. So what would be better? Cuz I would be willing to spend a little more for tein coilovers if the basis are worth it.

Boils down to preference, really! Go shopping for reviews, and read different people's experiences. I've heard that the Basis are just like the Basics, so...

Reviews

EDIT: I forgot to mention. It has been a common consensus on here that Andy's isn't a reputable place we recommend that you buy from; well, I'm not speaking for the board of course. Just my $0.02.
                          Last edited by Straight Success; 02-05-2012, 08:55 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Ok I was only looking to drop down like 2 inches. I assume the tein basis coilovers would ride better than mixing and matching koni shocks with tein springs.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I'm honestly not sure as I've never been on Konis or Tein springs.

I can only speak for F&F Type I 'cause that's what's currently on my car. I've read tons of good things about both Tein coilovers and Koni shocks. I'm sure that the Tein springs are of good quality as well, and the Konis should be able to handle the drop of a Tein spring.

Again, I'm just going off of what I've read from many members.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                              X