No announcement yet.

Rilas : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would you switch out the rear mount?
    I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
      Why would you switch out the rear mount?
      This is a car that is meant to take long road trips in, as well as hard driving. It needs to stay somewhat comfortable, not just for me but for my gf as well. She's not a huge fan of the car vibrating to hell and beyond. I don't have a Innovative rear mount on the car currently. It's a stock mount with a Prothane insert. The Prothane insert is much stiffer than Energy Suspension's inserts. Energy Suspension doesn't make an insert for our rear motor mount though, but they do for the Prelude, which bolts into our cars just fine. If nothing else it would be worth trying it out in my mind. It only takes about 15 minutes to swap out the rear mount anymore. Thanks to the ESP.net rear T bracket.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I've been taking some time off from working on Lola lately. Although another project around the house required me to pull some stuff down from one of the loft's in the garage. This resulted in one of the CL Type S seats coming down as well. It happened to be the driver's seat. Well one thing led to another and yesterday this happened...

'03 CL Type S Driver Seat 1

'03 CL Type S Driver Seat 2

I still need to weld up the rear 2 seat brackets. I'm going to do this tonight after I go and pickup my welder from the other garage. Otherwise all of the hard work has been done though. I'm so stoked about having these in the car finally. I've owned them for almost a year at this point. I've been looking forward to the day they are installed in the car. Granted I still need to do everything for the passenger seat, but this is a start!

Another thing I've been pondering. I think I'm going to try my hand at some plastic welding. I was walking by the front of Lola a few weeks ago and had a thought about 2 '92-'93 OEM lips combined. I got out some 2x4's and mocked it up.

Double OEM Lip 1

Double OEM Lip 2

Double OEM Lip 3

Double OEM Lip 4

Double OEM Lip 5

I have 4 of the lips. I think here soon I'm going to try and pull this off. It looks decent. I couldn't get a feeling for it from a decent distance. I could only backup maybe 4 feet from it, as I was at the garage wall. I might pull it out of the garage and set it back up and look at it from further away and take some more pictures before I take the plunge and ruin 2 lips. To decide if I really like the look.

Comment

I absolutely love the way these seats feel. I'd throw some in my Accord if they didn't weight damn near 75lbs. each!
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I want those seats

I'm not sure what I think about a double lip, I wanna see it done though!
            I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              I absolutely love the way these seats feel. I'd throw some in my Accord if they didn't weight damn near 75lbs. each!
              Jarrett, I agree! These seats feel amazing, even more so now that it is leveled out. At this point I feel the comfort and support is worth the weight. Plus I've stripped a lot of weight off the car already. So adding some back in isn't as bad as it would be on a totally stock car.

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
              I want those seats

I'm not sure what I think about a double lip, I wanna see it done though!
              Gtron, it took me a few years of wandering the junkyards to find this pair of seats. There were many others I came across, but the condition just wasn't up to par. All torn or worn through, or leather so stiff that is was cracking. Persistence does pay off though. I brought these home from a junkyard in Salt Lake City, actually it's the same junkyard that my H22A1 came from, just a year apart. I tend to travel with most of my tools and hit up junkyards along my travels. You never know what kind of gems your going to find.

I'm still unsure on the double lip. Although if I do it, there won't be a seam between them. I plan on filling that all in and smoothing out the transition between the two. I think I'm going to mock it up again outside and take some pictures from farther back. I just can't find any Legend lips that are in good condition. I've been looking for one for over 8 years at this point, and I still haven't found one in a good enough condition to use. The lips I really want are all out of production, and the reproductions are fiberglass. I know I will eventually break a fiberglass one, so I want an authentic ABS one. I really want a Xenon Mild Lip, but don't know if I'll ever find one at this point. So I figured I might just make a unique lip that I could recreate down the road if I need to.

Comment

The junkyard isn't the most efficient way to find these seats in good shape. People part out the 6-speed versions of these cars all the time, so there are always parts that aren't engine-related to be had. Just a matter of finding them in your area. Also, car-part.com works decently well.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I know it isn't the most efficient way to find them. But living in a very rural place where things just go to salvage yard around here, that really aren't even worth the time to drive to. Also I don't want to pay high prices and then shipping/freight on top of it. I'm a patient person and can afford the time it takes to track down some of the harder to find items. I've seen I think one newer TL being parted out, hardly anyone around this area thinks it's worth the time and effort to part them out.

On an unrelated side note Jarrett, can you get me the measurements of the rear seats of the CL-S? I know you were going to try awhile ago, but the GF had the CL. I'm still wondering if I can get the rear seats into our Accords.

Comment

My comment wasn't a dig at you or how you acquired your seats. I was merely stating to GTRON that the method that ended up working for you isn't one that I would employ if he already knows he wants those seats. Sure, they make for a happy accident, but if you know you want them, just go grab them from a part-out or from the closest place on car-part.com

The seats are 52" wide all the way from the top of the upper cushion to the end of the bottom cushion. Of course, that includes the width of the center storage compartment.
                    Last edited by Jarrett; 06-27-2017, 12:18 PM.

Comment

My comment wasn't a dig at you or how you acquired your seats. I was merely stating to GTRON that the method that ended up working for you isn't one that I would employ if he already knows he wants those seats. Sure, they make for a happy accident, but if you know you want them, just go grab them from a part-out or from the closest place on car-part.com

BRB, I'll go measure those seats. I'm actually working from home today!
                      Oh I figured it wasn't directed at myself in anyway. I just wanted to state why I got them in the method I did. It really wasn't a happy accident. I really wanted them for a long time. Just the ones I found were always destroyed. Eventually though I did manage to find this nice set. Yes though if it's something you want a part out or car-part.com is a much better method to acquire these seats.

Also thanks for taking the time Jarrett!

Comment

Good work Will.

car-part is ok but ideally I would call the yards beforehand. I had an issue where I found a set of OE fogs near me. I ended up calling them and finding out that they had been bought over the winter.

Some places will update their stock..some places won't.
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Seats look great! Good condition seats are getting harder and harder to find. I'm still on the lookout for a possible pair to swap (haven't even settled on what donor yet).

The double lip has potential. If you could somehow blend the seam between the two, it would make for a unique look with the way they create that "vent" in the middle.
                          1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Hey, man. I just wanted to let you know that I edited the post right before yours with the dimension, not realizing you had already responded. So, in case you didn't notice it up there, the width for the rear seats in a '01-'03 Acura 3.2CL is 52".

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                              Good work Will.

car-part is ok but ideally I would call the yards beforehand. I had an issue where I found a set of OE fogs near me. I ended up calling them and finding out that they had been bought over the winter.

Some places will update their stock..some places won't.
                              Thanks Henry!

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                              Seats look great! Good condition seats are getting harder and harder to find. I'm still on the lookout for a possible pair to swap (haven't even settled on what donor yet).

The double lip has potential. If you could somehow blend the seam between the two, it would make for a unique look with the way they create that "vent" in the middle.
                              So about the CL Type S seats, OMG! I think that about covers these seats. These seats hold you in them like no tomorrow and they are so comfy. I went out driving on Highway 12 from Lolo all the way into Idaho. Once you enter Idaho it's 99 miles of twisting roads. While I didn't drive much into Idaho, Lolo Pass has a bunch of curves as well. I could go through the corners at much higher rates of speed just due to the fact that I wasn't being pushed into the door or almost sitting in the passengers seat. I'm not sure how good the RSX seats are, or the Prelude's but I love these seats! Jarrett knows exactly what I'm talking about!

I think in a few weeks I'm going to start working on this double lip. I'm definitely going to smooth the seam out between the two and make it look like it was molded as a single piece. I think the vent would help as well.

Hey, man. I just wanted to let you know that I edited the post right before yours with the dimension, not realizing you had already responded. So, in case you didn't notice it up there, the width for the rear seats in a '01-'03 Acura 3.2CL is 52".
                              I saw that and I measured my car's rear seats which are around 51", so it may or may not work. I'm going to do some better measuring this weekend. Although at this point, it's not looking promising. Then again I might just have to do some test fitting in a junkyard to see if it can be made to work. Thanks for taking the time man.
                              Last edited by Rilas; 07-03-2017, 05:02 PM.

Comment

To celebrate the 4th of July, me and the girl friend went on a drive around Montana. We started at home, here in Missoula to Great Falls via Montana Highway 200. Stopped in Great Falls, had lunch and showed her some of the city. Then onto Helena via Interstate 15, which we just drove through, from Helena we headed home. Once we hit Interstate 90 on the way to Missoula, I let Lola stretch her legs. Pulled over 70 miles at 115mph all the way home on the interstate. It probably would have been a bit quicker but the stupid JDM ECU has a speed limiter at 120mph. I know, I know about the speed but it rarely ever happens, let alone the girl friend condoning it to happen with her in the car. But she felt safe the whole time. Lola rides so fantastic at those speeds its kind of unreal. It was a touch over 400 miles and we did it in around 6.5 hours. Then had a BBQ with her parents, makes for a good day.

Hope your all having a fantastic 4th of July!

Comment

Working...
                                X