Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the F22a have a MAP Sensor?

So, does a F22a have a MAP sensor?

I've searched it up, but there's nothing about the F22 having one.

Reason I ask, I had this super weird idling issue come up. It idles really low (300rpms) and sounds really "pingy" for a lack of a better term. It's rough, and the revs slightly go up and down...

I've done my research on the issue, and I think I've narrowed it down to either the TPS, or to the mysterious black box with multiple vacuum lines, and electrical lines going to it... Which houses a MAP sensor right?

The car was fine till yesterday, it started holding revs at like 2000rpms when I pushed in my clutch coming up to a stop light, then it drops to like 300rpm.

Engine feels great besides the weird rev-holding and idling...

Really would appreciate some help dudes!
    I'm faster then a prius

Yes, the MAP sensor is inside that box. Later engines had the MAP mounted to the top of the throttle body.

What codes, if any, do you have?

Have you checked for any vacuum leaks?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      Yes, the MAP sensor is inside that box. Later engines had the MAP mounted to the top of the throttle body.

What codes, if any, do you have?

Have you checked for any vacuum leaks?
      I did swap in a H23 Intake recently, just to clarify. But I think this issue was already starting before I swapped them...

No codes.

I have checked everything I could think of vacuum wise, nothing.

I'm thinking I should take out that box and clean the MAP sensor? I heard of one scenario where that was a guy's problem...

I'll test the TPS with a meter as well.
      I'm faster then a prius

Comment

The throttle body you installed onto the car must have had a MAP sensor on it. What did you do with that one? Did you leave it unplugged, or is it missing entirely?
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

The throttle body you installed onto the car must have had a MAP sensor on it. What did you do with that one? Did you leave it unplugged, or is it missing entirely?
          I don't think it did

It's just a stock h23 plenum and runners.. Car was running well till yesterday...
          I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Yeah, I think you're right, actually. I think before '96 the H23A1 and H22A1 throttle bodies still came without the MAP and that came later. I've been messing with J-series stuff too long to remember for sure.

So no codes?

Comment

Yeah, I think you're right, actually. I think before '96 the H23A1 and H22A1 throttle bodies still came without the MAP and that came later. I've been messing with J-series stuff too long to remember for sure.

So no codes?
              No codes... Map sensor looks completely clean, lines all look fine.

Is the iacv supposed to hum/vibrate? It doesn't sound right.

Video: https://youtu.be/y8x5EQyMIt8
              I'm faster then a prius

Comment

The engine just does not sound right. It's like the valves are twice as loud, it's almost like a "Pinging" sound for a lack of a better term. It seems ok when I give it gas, like when I'm driving, but as soon as I let off it does weird stuff, for example holding the rpms for a second, then dropping to a super low/terrible sounding idle..

I deleted the valve directly underneath the throttle body already, so that already gave me an issue. My Idle Air Boost thing isn't even hooked up, IACV is making a weird noise, but It does drop and raise the idle somewhat. I'm suspecting that might be my slight surging issue.

I'm gonna try unplugging connectors to the EGR valve, Temperature sensor, IACV (still making weird noise, whyyy), o2 sensor.. It almost seems like it's not an air or vacuum issue, because something is off with fuel and timing or something like that when it's idling...

I'm crazy tired from work, and I think it's still drivable to get to work tomorrow, but I need to get this figured out... Crazy annoying stuff, especially when I'm trying to get used to driving stick, and when I need to do other stuff like oil pan seal, put my rear bumper back on, put my interior back together, etc.
                Sorry, I'm ranting/writing a novel.
                Last edited by GTRON; 06-28-2017, 12:50 AM.
                I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Problem solved: TPS
                  I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Working...
                  X