No announcement yet.

CB7 Haters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know of a number of people here that are doing quite well for themselves. Some have cars in addition to their CB7, but they keep the CB7 because they genuinely like it.

People used to consider oldschool VW Beetles to be "poor college kid cars" or "hippie cars"... but they're sought-after classics now. The CB7 will probably be like that some day. Maybe not in the same quirky, oddball way, since the CB7's design is much more conservative than the wacky looking bug... but it'll eventually be a car that was once in abundant supply, but now hard to find in reasonable condition.
    Many Civics are already there. Hell, the AE86 was once considered "just a Corolla" to most people. Now they fetch $10,000-$20,000... IF you can find one that hasn't been molested.

Comment

I wish that nutjob would tell my dad that. Man makes 6 digits, and says yeah I like my 93 Accord, I have no desire to have a luxury car as they are played out.

That just makes me laugh.
      The CB7 Collector.
      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Aztec and H2 sure.. Even those cars have things to be desired. Hell, H2's have LS motors in them, and you can live in an Aztec if you wanted to.. This guy has cars on there that just do not make sense.. I'd drive an Impreza any day, especially a blue one with bronze wheels. B13's were still being made until last year. If a 26 year production run doesn't say successful I don't know what does. Same with the Crown Victoria. I wonder what car he drives.

Comment

Probably a sensible beige automatic Corolla.

Comment

I think most ppl just can't past this for whatever reason so perhaps the best way to think about this is this way. Trolls used to inhabit usergroups and forums like this. They loved to infuriate, agitate and create animosity just for the fun of it.

Now we have sites that figured out how to monetize all that and here we are. A$$holes have discovered how to make money just being themselves...

If it can work for politics why not for cars? LOL is this a great country or what?
            Last edited by hiptech; 05-30-2017, 05:24 PM.
            My Collection:
            93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
            00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
            04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

That's absolutely true. We've all clicked on that. Some of us probably more than once. Dude gets paid every time we click.
              It's actually quite smart! Maybe I should start a website like that. I'll write articles about how terrible the ITR is, how overrated the LSx engines are, and how Audi's quattro system is total bullshit. I'll be a rich man! A hated man... but rich!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                That's absolutely true. We've all clicked on that. Some of us probably more than once. Dude gets paid every time we click.
                It's actually quite smart! Maybe I should start a website like that. I'll write articles about how terrible the ITR is, how overrated the LSx engines are, and how Audi's quattro system is total bullshit. I'll be a rich man! A hated man... but rich!
                You on the right path Deeve, you just brought up my automatic corolla up lol how do I wish mine were gold instead of the Ruby Red Pearl that it is. Most people forget that this is simply ONE person's opinion and nothing more, until there is some concrete formula or mathematical equation that backs his theory it is simply opinion. What is sad is how someone has so much power over the life of others for us to sit here and feel a certain type of way an write an explanation to approve or discredit his OPINION instead of just taking it as such. Have a wonderful Tuesday folks.
                Last edited by Crankshaft; 05-30-2017, 02:52 PM.
                [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

LOL if anyone traces it back to you just say "damn Russian hackers..." won't they stop at anything!?
                  My Collection:
                  93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                  00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                  04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
                    LOL if anyone traces it back to you just say "damn Russian hackers..." won't they stop at anything!?
                    He won't have to blame anyone, ISIS likes taking blame for everything.
                    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Ok, let's not take the discussion in that direction. If this gets political I'm going to have to close the thread, and I'd rather not do that!

Comment

Wtf? Anyway, isn't this guy an unsuccessful loser by his own definition? That's if he drives a beige Corolla. (Not saying you are if you do - at all)

I mean if a practical, cheap, reliable mode of transportation is what it takes to be a loser..

Reminds me of those South Park episodes where Kyles dad is an internet troll.

Comment

Working...
                        X