Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Logic Motorsports Tri-Y Header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logic Motorsports Tri-Y Header

i just watched a video where three headers were compared, the Logic tri-y, a Bisi, and a RMF. the Logic had a stronger mid, and a higher peak number.

anyone running these headers on a CB7 w/H22a? if so, what kind of numbers where you getting?

also, how was the fitment? any crossmember notching or anything? at 399 it was by far the most cost effective choice.

input?

really? i assumed a ton of us would be running that header, its only 399 shipped, and it makes more power than a few products priced much higher.

i want to try it, im just wondering how it would fit in the CB7... will i have to notch the crossmember? who knows.

i just want a header that makes USABLE power, looks nice, good quality, and value. ive had DC headers and and megan headers, even a bootleg TODA. id like to try an aggressive N/A header, but i cant spend 8 hundo-1k on one. Hopefully someone chimes in, someone on this board has to be running this.

Comment

I've seen that header for sale, and I believe that it's all one piece if I'm not mistaken. To get that header in may be troublesome as I'm sure the radiator and dog bone will probably have to be removed.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I remember reading some where that the cross member had to be cut a bit.

Comment

yeah i just heard back from the guy at logic, he said you do have to notch the crossmember, and as far as installation, the whole engine will be out already.

Comment

Originally posted by antonio7566 View Post
            I remember reading some where that the cross member had to be cut a bit.
            This is true. I saw it on another forum earlier, and the guy had it neatly cut then covered with a welded piece of metal. This was done on a Prelude.
            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

you just have to remove the lower cross member and you can fit the header up there fine. its only 4 bolts to remove it so its not too hard. and the notch can be done easily as well, i dont think id have to do it for mine because my hytech replica header has already decided to make its own on lol.

Comment

yeah i dont think its much, not enough to mess with structural integrity anyways.

Comment

I got one, it's a piece of crap.. Doesn't even assemble correctly. Sooo...
                  Beware of this header

Comment

what part of it didnt assemble correctly? Its one piece

Ive heard its a PITA to get a hold of one of these things. They are always on backorder and the customer service at logic blows.

We bought one on ebay for my buddies H2B hatch and its awesome. But that didnt come from direct from Logic.

Comment

i myself want a tri y with a h23 sc sports flange on it.

Comment

Originally posted by jchsmiley View Post
                        I got one, it's a piece of crap.. Doesn't even assemble correctly. Sooo...
                        Beware of this header
                        really? what was crappy? it looks to be a one piece design... what was there to assemble? did the flange fitment suck or something?

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe View Post
                          what part of it didnt assemble correctly? Its one piece

Ive heard its a PITA to get a hold of one of these things. They are always on backorder and the customer service at logic blows.

We bought one on ebay for my buddies H2B hatch and its awesome. But that didnt come from direct from Logic.
                          did it make good power? i just dont see what assembly issues that one guy had with what appears to be a one piece header....

i had my heart set on this header, its affordable and i got a line on one as soon as i make my decision.

Comment

You can't expect many headers to be a direct fit due to all the different chassis engines can be put in. It's simple if the collector is to short or long spend $30-50 on having a exhaust shop weld it up correctly. If you're having clearance issues they're ways around that aswell, but like i said don't expect a direct fit on any aftermarket header unless it is specifically for your chassis and engine combo then and only then should you complain.

02 Crv
                            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

https://www.privatelabelmfg.com/prod...h2b-header.htm

This is the header I have, I don't know which header the OP, or whoever in this thread is talking about but.... This header is trash IMO

Edit: I see you are talking about a different header, sorry, but do not get this header^^^
                              Last edited by Smiley_cb7; 09-03-2012, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X