Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New to forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to forum

New here and looking for some good info on my 91 Accord LX. The accord was my Mother's car. She passed this July from cancer. I was going to sell the car but I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm going to sell the car I'm driving now and use the accord as my work car. It's not in bad shape for its age. It has 163000 miles on it. The bad part is that it has an auto trans. I plan on doing a Manuel trans swap come summer. I would also like to do an H23 engine swap at some point. As for looks, I plan on a mild custom touch. My plans at this point for looks are, all body work done, fresh paint of same color, all fresh looking trim, trunk spoiler from a 93 Accord, tinted windows, Black projector headlights with matching turn/marker lights, aftermarket tail lights that look like the stock ones but have the clear top strip instead of the amber. Nice 16" rims, 2" drop using H&R springs. I welcome respectful opinions and advice.

1991 Accord LX .

Welcome!

Looks like you've got a pretty solid base there.

Comment

I'm real sorry to hear about your mother. I'm glad you decided to keep the car.

If you go with H&R springs, please replace the shocks as well. Koni Yellows are really nice.
      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Sorry to hear about your mother man. My father died from cancer when I was 16. Do yourself a favor and keep that CB. I sold mine recently and have been kicking myself in the ass for it ever since. Yours looks really clean as well.

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
          I'm real sorry to hear about your mother. I'm glad you decided to keep the car.

If you go with H&R springs, please replace the shocks as well. Koni Yellows are really nice.
          Thanks for the advice. I want to keep as lose to stock ride feel as I can. I read that the H&R springs have the best ride. The car is in good shape for its age. It does have some dings and one rust out spot. Also has some clear coat peel. I want to get that all fixed in the spring. I want a fresh paint job UT have to find the right price. I don't see spending $1500 plus on the paint job at this time. That's sticking with the same color.

1991 Accord LX .

Comment

I have skunk2 lowering springs on tokico blues up front and kYb Agx adjustables in the rear, it rides really well compared to my old civic on coil over sleeves, which I DO NOT recommend running, EVER.

Comment

Sucks to hear about your mom.

I love my skunk2 springs on my Bilstein HD's.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Keep that car and work on it in dedication to you. I'm sure she's still watching out over you. Keep your head up

Comment

Sorry to hear about your mom passing, cancer sucks... And good luck with the CB slow and steady you'll get it to where you want.

Comment

Originally posted by MaroonPünSaloon View Post
                    I have skunk2 lowering springs on tokico blues up front and kYb Agx adjustables in the rear, it rides really well compared to my old civic on coil over sleeves, which I DO NOT recommend running, EVER.
                    Thank you and all the others for the welcome and kind words.

1991 Accord LX .

Comment

H&R sports on Koni STRTs would be a decent compromise and not be a real sporty costly package, but don't expect to autocross with it. Minimum performance suspension package would be Koni yellows with H&R/Bilstien/Neuspeed springs, but even with that don't expect to stick on the autocross track without a fight. With suspension you get what you pay for. If you want just OEM, go get KYBs or Gabriels or some other cheap replacement all in one package. OEM springs can also wear out and fatigue, so if you replace struts, get springs.

Sorry to hear about your mom, I hope you keep the car for as long as you can.
                      Last edited by wildBill83; 11-16-2014, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                        H&R sports on Koni STRTs would be a decent compromise and not be a real sporty costly package, but don't expect to autocross with it. Minimum performance suspension package would be Koni yellows with H&R/Bilstien/Neuspeed springs, but even with that don't expect to stick on the autocross track without a fight. With suspension you get what you pay for. If you want just OEM, go get KYBs or Gabriels or some other cheap replacement all in one package. OEM springs can also wear out and fatigue, so if you replace struts, get springs.

Sorry to hear about your mom, I hope you keep the car for as long as you can.
                        I won't be racing it .it's going to be totally a daily driver on the street. The only racing it will see is some red light racing AFTER the engine swap. Lol.

1991 Accord LX .

Comment

With added power you will want added handling capabilities. If you have torque steer and wheel hop with that new H motor you will be kicking yourself in the ass for wasting the money on a sub par solution. I'm not saying get F&F type 2 but seriously look at a decent package for your goal of a 2" drop just to avoid issues already stated as well as rubbing due to weak incorrect springs or poor dampening due to bad shocks.

On the street your suspension is just as important as on the track, reaction times and car response can be the difference in an accident or a near miss.

Comment

Had to move my Accord today from my sister in laws house. The town is getting ready to run some new lines underground. Just my luck that the battery is flat dead. I had an old spare battery in her garage that worked with a jump. Drove it up to my work and parked it there. I kinda hate to say it but the Accord feels like it has a good bit more pep then my 86 BMW 325es. I got on it some at one point and it doesn't feel bad. As I was slowing down to turn into my work, I was down shifting the auto trans. Just when it kicked down to first gear, I floored the gas and it started spinning the tires good. I never got on it before because it was my Mother's car and I don't treat other people's stuff like that. It's no hot rod but doesn't feel like a slug ether. Still not sure what all it has for speed because I didn't get full I to it.

1991 Accord LX .

Comment

Still here. Been doing LOTS of reading and research. Been looking into exhaust systems. I want to do an aftermarket exhaust to add a little more power and better sound. I don't want it to be to loud. I'm about the tone of the exhaust. Not how loud it is. The biggest thing about the stock that I hate is the tail pipe. I have been watching you tube videos to hear the different exhaust sounds. It's hard to really tell because of different quality recording devices. . The D1 exhaust seems to sound good. The problem I'm having is on the exhaust sold on ebay. Some you tube videos sound good with the exhaust and other videos sound like crap with the same exhaust. I'm not looking to spend a lot on an exhaust at this time. I welcome the opinion of members who have heard the different exhausts in person. I'm looking for a nice performance sound and not a system that sounds the same as running with no exhaust. I'm sure there are many members that understand what I'm saying. Thanks.

1991 Accord LX .

Comment

Working...
                              X