• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

redistributing goods.

I'v found many sources for goods,
    unsure if their even counterfeit.
    I'v been told they are legitimate.
    many differing products just don't know about legalities.
    as in there's probably already distributors with licenses i suppose.

goods often can be bought at 15% of the price they retail for. shipping excluded, which won't account for the 85% profit margin.

searching online i can't find any selling at even close to this value.
    all seem too good to be true.

also somewhat related; been looking at companies seeking full container loads for various commodities.
    i'd expect to make 3k a container or a certain percentage of total value if the item is of high value.

it's really a case of having money to make money.

don't know why these various fields aren't exploited.
    I can see myself potentially dominating one market then starting in another field.

undercutting current suppliers, it's all rather daunting actually.
    it seems buying from china has the most profitability but I'm not opposed to other markets.

I'm lazy and know this will take a lot of time on my behalf.

Practically anything you buy from China is going to be a knockoff. More often than not, they will be sold as legitimate name brands. The sellers WILL lie to you and say that they are legit.

I bought a lot of 7 "Kensington" 64gb micro-SD cards from a Chinese seller. I paid $45 total, including shipping. The cards arrived in Kensington packaging (albeit bearing Chinese letters in addition to English.) The memory cards and adapters themselves all said Kensington. They all registered when plugged into my computer.
    HOWEVER, most of the data saved to them ended up getting corrupted. They were essentially useless. No amount of reformatting would make them usable.

Depending on what products you are looking for, it may or may not matter if they are legitimate in terms of function and quality. I'd avoid electronics or car parts, however.
    Check your local laws, though, and be sure you can't get in trouble if you are caught selling knockoff products (in many cases, you can be held accountable, even if you weren't aware that they were knockoffs.)

Comment

I realise their laws are different and you can get counterfeits of almost anything.
      Whats sparked my interest and iv never seen copied before are sporting goods.
      Some completely sold out anywhere.
      I know the originals are made in china and what i bought cost me $400 incomplete. They have 700 dollar items priced at almost $12-$90 I'm still negotiating.
      And despise sending money to china.

This one manufacturer has multiple brands. Im happy to test a batch due to the ability to get items i personally would like to own.

Surely at times the company that originally makes the product continue to do so.
      Iv bought rubbish off ebay and if it costs more than 50 i'll message first asking if its original.

Lately iv been going nuts on aliexpress and taoboa. Makes ebay seem expensive.

Recently saw an article for complete knock off brembos. I found it enticing honestly never got around to pricing them.

I wear lebron copies dont have originals to compare them too. Kings pride lebrons were my last purchase. Probably sold out not long after release.
      But in the past shoes iv got have lasted a long enough time to warrant their value.

With the right communication channels i seem to be able to find factories.
      If i was to branch into fashion no name brands are plenty good. Their not even copying anything.
      I just bought a carbonfibresque suit for 40 shipped and leather looking shoes for 5 & their still making a profit.
      Last edited by Xsjado; 10-28-2014, 10:50 AM.

Comment

In terms of fashion, yeah... practically everything is made in China or other Asian countries where labor is cheap. The Old Navy shirt that I'm wearing was made in Vietnam. As were my Converse sneakers. My Old Navy shorts were made in Indonesia.
        Actually, pretty much everything in general is made there anymore! My iPhone is made in China

You can find the "real" brands there, and you can find knockoffs. In some cases, they might actually be the same thing. Or the knockoffs could be rejected items from the assembly lines of the "real" brands.

The key is to be sure whatever products you get are made well enough to justify the price you'll be asking for them. As with your shoes... you know they're knockoffs, but you feel you got your money's worth from them.

Definitely keep in mind that whoever you're buying from is still making a profit. For example, those cards I bought... those are $35 memory cards at the very least, and I got them for 20% of that price. Shipped. That means after paying the acquire his own stock (I'm assuming I did not buy directly from a manufacturer), paying to sell on ******.com (I'm sure they took a cut), and paying to ship the cards halfway around the world to me, the seller still made enough profit to justify his effort!
        That means those cards likely cost him no more than $4 or so to acquire. Probably less than that, even.
        Even at the final price that I paid, they were far too cheap. I wasn't at all surprised to find that all 7 were defective. Considering the price the seller must've paid, I can't even imagine how cheap they were to make (because the manufacturer needed to make a profit as well!) When you get to that level of inexpensive production, things usually end up being absolutely horrible.

Comment

China believe it or not is 80 percent of the business when it comes to the Unites states products hands down if not 90percent. The only deal is weather its quality or not some last more than others just gotta know which ones to deal with. You'll get inventions where China will invent it and people will capitalize on it buy it in bulk then sell it to you and I for triple the price *cough* *cough* bestbuy ,RadioShack other vendors*cough*.

Comment

quality weather is the price you pay to live in the bay area.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
            X