door checker pin squeaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

door checker pin squeaks

I replaced my door checker pin cause i thought it would fix my squeaking when opening the drivers door. It did for a bit then loud squeaking came back after 2 weeks. Do i have to put grease around it or something then knock it down in hole? Or is it something else i need to do. I put it in i thought same exact as passengers door. That sound is really effn annoying.

lube up the hinges and that bar with like a delayed viscosity grease like fluid film or the sprayable lithium grease, not wd-40 / PB blaster

Comment

You sure it is the checker? The knurled end of the hinge pin in the lower hinge of my driver door started spinning and has wallowed out the hole in the hinge - makes lots of noise when opening and closing the door. Take a close look at your hinges.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
        You sure it is the checker? The knurled end of the hinge pin in the lower hinge of my driver door started spinning and has wallowed out the hole in the hinge - makes lots of noise when opening and closing the door. Take a close look at your hinges.
        Yes took old one out that i got from jy and ordered new one and banged it in with a brass hammer. It worked great and made no noise fro couple weeks. But now is crinking bad. I guess some grease would probably quiet it. Just figured id ask. As passengers side door doesn't seem to have any grease on it.

Comment

I just did this same thing in my truck with the white lithium grease Erik suggested. It’s a good product to have in your home regardless. I use it on clutch pedals, door hinges, tool box slides, whatever.... it’s good shit.

Comment

put some brake grease on it. All i had at time. Works well i guess. No loud squeaking. Seems to be too slippery though. Doesn't hold as well as passengers door when left open.

Comment

Working...
            X