No announcement yet.

SUSP: Progress Rear sway bar install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on the lx the brake lines to where to mount the L bracket is in the way. there are either 3 options to choose from. cut the rear brake line bracket so you can move it up or down since the bracket is attached to 2 studs that are on the rear trailing arm therefore you can't move the lines unless you get SS lines or cut the bracket to compensate. #2 some say you can get ex/se trailing arms and it will bolt right on and no hard lines will get in the way of the install but i dunno since I do not have a ex/se. #3 you can buy a longer bolt for the rear sway bar to compensate for the clearance issue what you would do is turn the L bracket upside down and buy another spacer for it. thats what I did since I didn't want to cut anything yet since im lazy lol. I will post pics of what I did on a later note. I'll post up pics of bolts that came with the sway bar and what i bought.
    either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Great DIY, thanks for it, I may just have to consider this!!!

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Originally posted by trah
        on the lx the brake lines to where to mount the L bracket is in the way. there are either 3 options to choose from. cut the rear brake line bracket so you can move it up or down since the bracket is attached to 2 studs that are on the rear trailing arm therefore you can't move the lines unless you get SS lines or cut the bracket to compensate. #2 some say you can get ex/se trailing arms and it will bolt right on and no hard lines will get in the way of the install but i dunno since I do not have a ex/se. #3 you can buy a longer bolt for the rear sway bar to compensate for the clearance issue what you would do is turn the L bracket upside down and buy another spacer for it. thats what I did since I didn't want to cut anything yet since im lazy lol. I will post pics of what I did on a later note. I'll post up pics of bolts that came with the sway bar and what i bought.

Well, I guess that explains this: "Some modification of the brake line mounting tab may be required (mine did not, so it may be a rear drum thing)."
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
          Well, I guess that explains this: "Some modification of the brake line mounting tab may be required (mine did not, so it may be a rear drum thing)."

yeap its a drum thing. I will try to post pictures when I can. but going to switch to a disc setup so i can redo it next weekend.
          either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

cheapest place I can find it for is @ this place http://thmotorsports.com/progress-te...1/i-39740.aspx for $143 and change SHIPPED. Since I recently sold my Thule Roof Rack, I already placed an order for one! woo hoo, handling here I come!

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

My Progress bar just got here yesterday and I'm working on installing it already. I just did a rear disc swap but I kept my LX trailing arms. So I ended up using my saw zaw to cut the piece off that the brake line mounts to. Now I'm gonna dremel the edges so they're smooth/even bc I'm particular about little things like that haha. I'll let everyone know how it goes and post a pic once the install is complete.

Never underestimate a 4-door Accord

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfiend92lx
                My Progress bar just got here yesterday and I'm working on installing it already. I just did a rear disc swap but I kept my LX trailing arms. So I ended up using my saw zaw to cut the piece off that the brake line mounts to. Now I'm gonna dremel the edges so they're smooth/even bc I'm particular about little things like that haha. I'll let everyone know how it goes and post a pic once the install is complete.
                sweet, after driving my car HARD yesterday i truely miss my stiff springs and progress sway.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

nicee i love it in my area we do alotta country drivin twisties canyons (kinda) ha ha i think this would help a whole hell a lot since i have none.
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                  i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079 View Post
                    holy wow, thanks man. I knew i was missing something. The angle brackets.

does anyone know where i would buy those and the long bolt with nuts and bushings?
                    haha if you happened to read the parts list that came with the sway bar..you wouldn't of have yourself looking..like..
                    WHEN LIFE PASSES YOU BY...DOWN SHIFT...

Comment

Great DIY can't wait to put my on

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

Thanks so much for this DIY. It came in very handy last night while I installed mine. I had this thread open on my iphone throughout the whole installation process.
                        I don't want to be critical, but I noticed one thing that I may be misunderstanding.

12) To assemble and secure each bar bracket assmebly:
                        D) lift the backing plate into place, with the spacers for the rear hole. Place the pivot bushing bracket over the rear and middle hole in the backing plate, place 1 5/16" flat washer on all three bolts. Place 1 5/16 nylon locking nut on each bolt, and then tighten.
                        I think that is supposed to read "front" and middle holes...It makes sense when you do the installation tho.

Thanks again for the work and effort to put this together!

CB3 formerly hondaracer33

Comment

Originally posted by CB3 View Post
                          Thanks so much for this DIY. It came in very handy last night while I installed mine. I had this thread open on my iphone throughout the whole installation process.
                          I don't want to be critical, but I noticed one thing that I may be misunderstanding.

I think that is supposed to read "front" and middle holes...It makes sense when you do the installation tho.

Thanks again for the work and effort to put this together!
                          Good catch. Corrected the original post.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Great write up. Very useful while installing my Progress rear sway-bar today.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by islandhopper View Post
                              Great write up. Very useful while installing my Progress rear sway-bar today.
                              Lol, I just installed mine too! Just got back from running some windy roads and it's amazing! I don't under steer on throttle anymore! (Unless of course I force it). Great write up too!
                              '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Nice.

It really is amazing how the bar damn near eliminates understeer. High-speed corner stability is incredible as well. Everything just feels tighter and more responsive. You can really feel it doing its job. This sway bar kicks ass!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Working...
                                X