Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

running lower offset wheels on a fwd car, info inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im pushing

16x7 +22

Comment

I'm on 16x7.5" with 32mm offset wrapped in 205/50-16 Potenza G009's

Fits great... the rear left use to rub until I pushed in the fender about 2mm.
      DEVOTE

Comment

i ran 16x7f and 16x8r (both +32 offset) with 205/50s for awhile with about 2 degrees negative camber and had no issues rubbing, tires tucked on corners
        Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
        Project 240SX
        Originally posted by chillin943
        anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
        Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by DFresh19864
          ^^yeah cam thats basically what it is...alot of Euro cars do this...but there are some downsides..
          like hittin a pothole a completely fucking your rims. ive seen it happen a LOT to customers at my old shop. usually caused by their wifes not paying attention.

Member Ride Facebook
          XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
          SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
          For Sale Thread

Comment

here are my +0 offset wheels...

jointheECHELONehtnioj
            -89 CRX dx(sold)
            -90 CRX Si(sold) and missed
            -93 Cx Hatch(sold)
            -91 CRX Si B18 mint(sold)
            -94 Prelude Si (sold)
            -92 Boosted hatch (sold)
            -91 CRX Si secret (current)
            "Whoa. Tightest BB4 EVAR! Bump! Thumbs Up"

Comment

^^^ that looks sick

Apexi|HKS|Cusco|Eibach|Bilstien|Momo|

92 ex-T sold
              94 z28 M6 sold
              89 turbo targa white package supra sold
              92 SW20 MR2 sold

03 Impreza WRX

Comment

I have been doing a lot of reading and calculating for a specific set-up.

I need feedback in reference to a theroetical situation. Theoretically, we should run no wider than a 7.5" rim on a stock suspension. Now, I have been wanting to run some rims on my CB with a good 2" lip. Now I like 18's and 19's; however, the possibility of me achieving a 2" lip with those diameters is highly impossible. So I have been thinking about running 17x7 with a +25 offset on a stock suspension (hopefully with an 2" (give or take 0.25") lip). This should be obtainable correct?

Also, with the 18's or 19's, do any of you think I can obtain the 2" lip on a stock suspension (with out rubbing)?
                Last edited by Straight Success; 04-18-2008, 01:12 AM.
                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

i am looking at getting a set of 18" x 8" rims with a 45mm offset. right now i have stock springs and shocks. im not quite sure what size tire to get. anyone see any problems with an 18" x 8" with stock suspension and if i were to lower it how low would i want to. if i can avoid rolling the fenders i would like to. also what size tires should i run, any help would be great. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mysterymojo8 View Post
                    i am looking at getting a set of 18" x 8" rims with a 45mm offset. right now i have stock springs and shocks. im not quite sure what size tire to get. anyone see any problems with an 18" x 8" with stock suspension and if i were to lower it how low would i want to. if i can avoid rolling the fenders i would like to. also what size tires should i run, any help would be great. thanks
                    what your wanting is exzactly what i had on my blue accord, with it lowered.

no issues whatsoever.

awsome thread.
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

ok I have a question if someone can answer it ,
                      I have D2 coilovers so basically my suspension doesnt travel much cause I like it RACE firm basically , I run 17" Konigs right now but im lookin to buy some 15 or 16" wheels but I love the 3 - 3.5 inch lip on Zero offset wheels, now the question is would it fit a 15" Zero offset wheel on my ride without being low enough to need them tucked ??

actually another question , what JDM or JDM look alike wheels in 15's can I get with an agressive lip Im lookin for something with a nice lip I love the honey comb look like these .... but cant find any with 114.3 pattern ... except zero offset

Last edited by Noxidea; 07-25-2008, 03:14 PM.
                      Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

Originally posted by jdmcrx_echelon View Post
                        here are my +0 offset wheels...

ok if a prelude that usually has a +55 offset is running a zero offset doesnt that mean I could run a Zero offset and it would look a little more under the car than these ????? correct me if im wrong ???
                        Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

Is anyone running 17x8 in the rear with lower than a +35 offest in the rear (stock suspension or dropped)? If so, please post pictures and specs. Thank you.
                          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Check out this site, you need the back spacing to match...offset should be changed to get the backspacing to be correct...as long as your backspacing is the same you won't mess up bearings.

You can mess with the numbers to get the correct backspacing, that link loads up a comparison of steelies vs alloys, stock cb7 stuff though.

I ran my 240sx's rims but only for a few months, steering and handling were GREATLY improved.

Of course depending on who you ask, the offset of 240's rims are 38-40, if they are 40 then the backspacing is THE SAME as the accords.

Accord and 240 are 114.3 bolt pattern, the 240 has a larger hub

cb7 steelies
                            Tire size
                            185/70 14

Rim size
                            14x5.5 offset 46mm
                            backspacing 128mm

cb7 alloys
                            tire size
                            195/60 15

rim size
                            15x5.5 46mm offset
                            backspacing 128mm

89 240sx alloys
                            Tire size
                            205/60 15

Rim size
                            15x6 offset 40mm
                            backspacing 128mm

Backspacing is what matters in regards to premature bearing wear, to what degree can your backspacing be out and still not cause premature wear? I have yet to get an answer.

So use that site to get the correct backspacing.
                            ____

Comment

nice thread..hehe
                              "as i ride the twisties of death,i shall fear no corner"

change da game...bosozoku honda's for the muthafuccin win!

www.tougesports.com

Comment

stretching tires is to eliminate tire roll nothing else.

o offset looks dope dude, my buddy has those exact wheels on his xb with hella neg camber

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Working...
                                X