No announcement yet.

EXT: Making Intermittent Wipers Variable Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh okay thanks one more question, where'd you pick up this relay from? If i were to go to an electronics store, what would i ask for?
    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

i got an A11 ICU, now i just need the stalk switch! looking forward to gaining this functionality. i have handfuls of mini through-hole relays, shame they are all 5volt.

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
      oh okay thanks one more question, where'd you pick up this relay from? If i were to go to an electronics store, what would i ask for?
      any 12volt relay would work, its just that 30amp automotive relays are overkill and quite large in size. an electronics store (radio shack) should have "regular" 12volt relays which tend to be much smaller, for installation onto a circuit board, or in this scenario, internal installation into the slim ICU case. lucifer1's pin numberings refer to automotive relay pin numbers, but those should be easy to match up to the diagram that comes with whatever relay you buy. a basic SPST relay is sufficient, but if you find SPDT or DPDT those would work as well. if you have an automotive relay on hand already, installing it externally works too, like lucifer1 said.
      Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-11-2011, 12:09 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

thank you! I saw quite a few stalk switches, but I went with the CL one because thats the one Lucifer1 used, and I didn't wanna leave anything up to chance. it was the A11 ICU that was a doozie to find. I had to go to one of those specialty junkyard stores for the 95 v6 accord, and had to haggle em down to 65. bleh.
        blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Both my EX and LX 5th gen accord did not have that feature

The ultimate would be to retrofit the rain sensing system my BMW has... Just leave the stalk in one position and it turns on the wipers and adjusts the speed based on a metering sensor on the windshield.

To the op it is great you figured all this out ... Cant wait to see what else you "decode"

Comment

This thread is so helpful, thanks.

I had JDM LHD control arm set swapped several years ago
            but didn't know how to make it funtional until few months ago.
            Too bad that I did not do enough homework, searching on the forum,
            so that I bought 2 JDM ICUs, 38600-SM2-J1 & 38600-SV2-J100,
            and none of them would do the things right...
            The 38600-SV2-J010 ICU has the intermittent funtion but it will
            cancel the power suply of the driver's door for window or mirror.
            That's what happeded on one of my friend's car and I found
            the other 2 ICUs I bought from Japan the same thing.

Another friend of mine had this funtionality realized few months ago.
            He uses a 38600-SV7-A12 ICU and soldered some lacked resistors
            on the board to retain the funtion on the corners.
            Comparing A11 ICU with A12 you will find the difference obviously.

I bought an A12 from the US and just got it after long shipping.
            I am considering of whether re-wiring or do some soldering...
            Another 2 friends are also working on this.
            Will try to get some pix of their DIYs to share.

my member's ride thread

Comment

Am i the only one who has NO IDEA where pins 6 and 7 are???

I have read EVERYTHING and can't figure out what pins these are.

Comment

I ended up listening to xkjnboix and wired to pins 1 and 2 and it worked right

pins 6 and 7 did not work for me

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                  I ended up listening to xkjnboix and wired to pins 1 and 2 and it worked right

pins 6 and 7 did not work for me
                  Actually you couldn't be using 1 and 2 since those are used for other things.

You must be thinking logically and reading the numbers on the back of the actual connector. Unfortunately Honda does not use these numbers to describe pin locations on any of their wiring diagrams. Honda reads pins from the back, wire side. Start upper left as pin 1 reading left to right, top to bottom. The numbers on the connector are reading the pins from the front side of the connector.

So pins 6 and 7 are actually labeled 1 and 2 on the connector.
                  Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

Pins 1 and 2 were blank on the accord harness

I soldered internally like you did so i internally soldered to 1 and 2 and it finally worked

I read on the back of the male connector inside the car that the pins i used were 1 and 2

When i used the ones labled 6 and 7 it did not work

I used the 2 pins on the right side on the upper row and it worked. They were labled as 1 and 2 on my car

On my car on the male connector is started with 1 in the top right corner and 7 at the left corner.

Comment

^^^ Tippey bites his nails =P

just an update. the keychime on my car works and i didnt mod the A11 ICU or my stock wiring other than to add the wiper pins. I have a 93 EX. Not sure if that makes a difference or maybe someone else can confirm this. Everything else on the car functions correctly and the newer key tone is refreshing and not as annoying.

the CD5 i pulled it from had the blue and white wire in the same location as the cb7 because i cut the pigtail for a reference. this might have alot to do with it.

this is the CD5 A11 icu ( modded but not used on my cb as this is my spare ) and cd5 pigtail unmodded.
                      All wire lengths on the pigtail are the same length which is hard to tell by their angle but all the wires are original to the pigtail
                      Last edited by xkjnboix; 01-13-2012, 03:21 PM.
                      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

sorry but im still condused on what to connect the extra 2 wires from the new wiper arm to. i got mine off a CD5 doesnt look like you need to shave anything.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

oh my bad sorry guys. kept reading it like that was for the chime. good diagram thanks!

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

How do you get the stick box off without taking the whole fuse panel off? Green clip won't un clip

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Palm the whole thing with your right hand with your fingertips on the side closest to the firewall. Pry it towards you as if it had a hinge on the side furthest from the firewall. It will come out. Then it will dangle from the green connector and you can easily unplug it.

Remember, only the '95 Accord V6 has it.
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                              X