Automatic transmission cooling removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic transmission cooling removal

Does anyone have any experience removing the cooling of our automatic transmissions? Currently working on an engine bay cleanup and wire tuck to less clutter is better.

Thing is, I don't have much confidence in our automatic transmissions and I don't want it to overheat.

I mean, I guess I could re-route the cooling system to elsewhere with a small motorcycle radiator or something, somewhere behind the bumper, but honestly I'd rather not have anything at all.

I don't live in a hot evironment at all so I don't think the weather would be an issue. It's only hot a few months per year, I'd say average climate (Netherlands).

Honestly I don't think it would be an issue. I'd just like to get an okay from someone from a hotter area so I can be certain my transmission won't break down on me, again (hence the low confidence in our automatic transmissions).
    Last edited by yh61r; 07-23-2018, 05:32 AM.

I don't think I'd remove it completely - it is there for a reason. If you don't have much confidence now, removing the cooler will reduce your confidence further. Running something to behind the front bumper would require additional lines beyond the existing lines to the bottom of the radiator. I suppose you could mount another power steering cooler, but I suspect it doesn't have the heat dissipation capacity of the cooler in the radiator.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

It is a terrible idea to get rid of it. These auto's are garbage.

Manual swamp. Smaller trans and a cleaner look.

Comment

Working...
      X