No announcement yet.

Eff’ed up tranny again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, can the short hose going from the reservoir to the master cylinder crap out and collapse also? Isn’t it just a gravity feed in that spot? Other than finding another at pap, can I replace it with something comparable?
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

There’s an equation to figure that out. I THINK it’s pedal force, ratio, and piston surface area. I don’t know the exact numbers for the CB, but I’m sure anything rated for 300psi+ should work just fine. They probably operate around 200psi. If somebody knows the equation please chime in, I’d like to know myself what the line pressure for CB’s is.

Comment

You can either replace the short line from the dampener or just buy a line to go from the clutch master cylinder to the slave cylinder. Either of these would be braided stainless steel lines, so an upgrade and solving the issue.

I misread the line you were referring to, that line is just a gravity feed to the clutch master cylinder, so it should never collapse.
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I read that wrong too.. my bad

Comment

I do have a nice braided line from the master straight to the slave. It’s worked fabulously up until last week lol.

~Mark~

Comment

Sooooooo what was the issue?

Comment

Got it fixed. Proper clutch adjustment is key. I had to bring the rod out allot further than I had it. I cleaned out the reservoir and the lines then bled new fluid in. The piece of wood against the seat worked perfectly. Thanks for all the advice gentlemen.

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
                X