Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Total noob installing a system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total noob installing a system

I finally saved up enought money to buy my system. installed it and wired everything in. I looked up the wire color codes on here for the factory wiring harness and read through the directions on both my amp and head unit. after i wired everything together i got power but no sound. after turning the car off, i got no power at all in the accessory position or car running.

I rewired it realizing that i crossed 2 wires and blew a fuse. replaced the fuse and triple checked the wiring. still nothing!

Any advice, tips, suggestions?
    Last edited by docscb7; 03-19-2012, 10:27 PM.

the way i wired it

So iinstalled my speakers and wired the factory wires to the amp, wired my head unit to the factory harness and the head unit speaker wires to the amp. rca's from the head unit to the amp. where did i go wrong?

Comment

Did you buy the wire harness to connect the stereo to your stock wiring, or cut the stock wiring?

Comment

Did you wire the head unit directly into the stock harness or did you buy the proper wiring harness with the OEM style plug?

^^beat me to it nine

Comment

the stock one was cut so i just wired the one from the head unit to the factory one

Comment

What are you installing? You said wired your amp to the factory wiring. Are you amping the highs?

Your going to need a test light or damn at least for the radio install. Sometimes the diagrams are wrong.

Comment

Mabe you blew both fuses there's one under the dash and one in the engine bay fuse box hope that solves your problem.
              My 90 coupe Mr thread....
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Originally posted by docscb7 View Post
                the stock one was cut so i just wired the one from the head unit to the factory one
                This always causes problems. I don't understand why people are so impatient (or cheap) that they cut the stock plug off and go through all the bullshit with wiring. I would hit up the JY and cut a stock plug from a CB and wire it back up to your cut plug. Then get an Accord wire harness and do it correctly.
                Originally posted by SPLCB7 View Post
                Mabe you blew both fuses there's one under the dash and one in the engine bay fuse box hope that solves your problem.
                Yeah, I would check them two fuses as well.

Comment

agreed, you are going to end up with no room to splice wires if you continue to cut and splice instead of just grabbing a harness adapter

Comment

Thanks guys i honestly didnt think about doing that. And I did check and change the 2 fuses.

Comment

So I picked up the adapter and went to the junk yard and pulled every connector i could. all thats left is to figure out which one it is.

Comment

If you got the stock plugs, the wires should be the same color. Just color match and away ya go.

Comment

I found a stock harness at a local j.y., I crimped the stock harness back in and wired the adapter in to, connected everything and still no power. What should i do next?

Comment

i think im going to break down and pay someone to look at it. Ive been woring on this for a month and a half! FML

Comment

OK so what you are saying is, your stock radio plug was cut leaving multiple wires dangling correct? You then went to the JY and cut a stock radio plug out of a CB and wired it correctly (meaning all the wires were connected to their corresponding wires with ends either soldered or twisted up and taped securely) to the cut wires in your CB. So at this point you should have basically a OEM radio plug back in your car. You then bought a Accord stereo wire harness (that basically plugs into your stock plug) and wired your deck to the Accord stereo wire harness? Is all that correct?

Comment

Working...
                              X