Using a Mimo UM-710S USB monitor with a Raspberry Pi 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using a Mimo UM-710S USB monitor with a Raspberry Pi 3

I expect this will probably end up being a question for lbus9168, unless anyone else has a clue (this might not even be something he can answer!) This might be too specific for anyone to be able to help, but if anyone has any experience or advice, I'd be grateful. I'm waiting for my account to be activated on raspberrypi.org, so for the moment, this is my best option. Plus, you guys rock.

Anyway, years ago I bought a Mimo UM-710S (non-touch.) It works well with my Windows systems. However, it's not so simple with my Raspberry Pi 3. I did some research, and apparently I have to recompile the kernel and install DisplayLink software to make it work. I haven't tried that yet.

All I did was plug the thing in, just to see what would happen. What happened was that I got a solid green screen. Now, here's where I'm perplexed. All of the info I've read about installing the thing says "if you see a solid green screen, installation was successful." So maybe the current software I have already has the necessary stuff installed? I'm running Retropie v3.3.1 (which was the newest version as of last December, I believe.) When I connect via SSH, it says the OS version is Linux 4.4.13-v7+ (I'm literally just copying nonsense now, as that all means nothing to me whatsoever!)

I'll probably try recompiling the kernel and muddling my way through that whole process eventually. Right now, I'm just confused by this green screen... as it seems to suggest that I might not have to do anything at all. Still, I have no idea how to make it show something more than the green.

As anyone who has followed my Raspberry Pi threads should know by now, I'm pretty much an idiot when it comes to these things. My formal computer education ended in 18 years ago, and I forgot 99.9999% of that. Aside from copying verbatim the Linux commands necessary to get my Raspberry Pi up and running, I have absolutely no experience with Linux (of any flavor.)

I've never done it, but just trying to help. After the green screen it appears you SSH in and load the configs to get an X Session (GUI), after getting a GUI you continue on with more loading and configuring....

https://www.mimomonitors.com/pages/u...h-raspberry-pi

Comment

I gave that a shot. I was looking at that page, but didn't follow far enough to see what steps to take after the green screen. I was hung up on steps 3 and 4.
      I tried to adjust the boot settings as it says, but I got an error. Probably because I'm running Retropie (which boots direction into EmulationStation.)

I'll have to see if I can clone the SD card and follow all of the steps as listed. Gonna have to clear some space on my drive! (it's sad that I don't have 32gb free!)

Comment

Working...
      X