No announcement yet.

DCB7 : 1997 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way that first Miata has 17x7s with those Advan AD08s. 99% sure they are at least 17x8s. Ive seen that picture before.

If you have 17x7.5s, I would not go 235/40, especially if you go Federal. They are just too wide. And when you put that oversize of a tire on a wheel, you will in fact lose some performance out of it. The sidewall will want to roll over on itself, and the handling can feel a bit soft and mushy. 215/45 will be plenty, and the slightly higher sidewall will really help fill in the fender gap.

I had 215/45/17 Federals on my 17x8 5Zigen FN01R-Cs in the past.

You can see on an 8in wide wheel they are almost square. So on a 7.5 they would be completely so. Plus, these are the regular SS595.

I now have 235/40/17 Federal RS-RR on my 17x9 an 8.5 Volks. And as pictures show, they are nearly square, which for a 235 on a 9 almost NEVER happens. I measured them and they are wider than my previous 245/40s I had.

8.5s: perfectly square sidewall

9s: every so slight stretch (can't even really call it a stretch though), which can actually help stiffen the sidewall, and improve handling and steering response.

Last edited by Corweena; 02-20-2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

And here is the homie Moises' CB on 17x8 Regas with 235/40 Federals. 8s are the minimum width I'd recommend to run that size on.

Comment

I've studied your MRT, trust me. You've provided a service to me, lol, as far as wheel fitment for these cars. They say there's more aftermarket support for these cars, but info wise on the internet I find more on the CB. (too many ads on HT; slows my computer). Yours is one of the few 215/45s I've seen that look good, I think because of the ride height, and made me consider the federals. I think federals are just made meatier than the norm too, especially the rs-r's, which makes me think 215/40 might put me just where I want to be

I got droolidge on that last picture. Would you happen to know the offset on those Regas? It has that bulge at the bottom tho I'm trying to avoid with oversized tires. It's going to add a lot of drag too.

I ended up reselling the 235/40's I had without installing them, but the CD5 rear wheel well can fit a lot more wheel in there without poking than the CB

Comment

The wheels are 17x8 +25 (fitment math works out to be the same as 17x9 +35 which is my "golden number" for a functional specs for the CD). And here is my other friend with the same wheels and specs on his CD with 215/45/17s.

Comment

That looks straight. Definitely. First time seeing that grill, I like what it does to the lights.
            Goes good with the lip and mirrors too
            I like that fitment. I think I got +35, so I guess 10mm spacers would put me at the same offset.

Comment

3" Short Ram Intake

Clean 3 Series at the muffler shop

before

5 resonators

one still down in there

after

Comment

That should give it a nice throatty sound, I planned on installing one on my wife's 97 Ex but installed a K&N filter instead. I got to finish installing the rear struts so she can start driving it again and enjoy the wagon brake upgrade i did on it as i was doing the front struts.
                [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

I don't really hear it (the wheel bearing is humming still), but its really quiet...til the vtec kicks in

If I do the wagon brake upgrade again, I'll be sure to get a wagon, or full size spare. I was lucky I didn't get a flat last time.

Comment

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
                    I don't really hear it (the wheel bearing is humming still), but its really quiet...til the vtec kicks in

If I do the wagon brake upgrade again, I'll be sure to get a wagon, or full size spare. I was lucky I didn't get a flat last time.
                    yeah definitely, unless you plan on doing the extra work of taking off a rear wheel to put in the front and placing the spare in the rear. Also having the pesky cracked header issue again, might just put a cheap ebay header on there to solve that issue at least for the time being. I did installed a set of 02 Accord 8 spoke wheels on it and JDM headlights with a custom grille due to her rear ending someone and needing front end repair.
                    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

That could work

I want to do something to make the front end more masculine for sure

+ I can hear the intake and header now. Sounds throaty, like a porsche boxter
                      Last edited by DCB7; 03-22-2017, 08:10 PM.

Comment

New driverside
                        wheel bearing + hub assembly
                        Rotor+flange bolts 90114-sm4-000

Comment

headlight restore
                          Sanded off a couple layers of oxidization with 2000 grit

and polished it with Meguir's ultimate compound

removed fender molds

Comment

Comment

Nice job on the fender. You planning on pinstripingvit or removing the rest of the pinstripe on the car?
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Thanks.
                                I'm going to try to remove it. And do some more paint touch up

edit: I just painted over it
                                Last edited by DCB7; 04-19-2017, 05:48 PM. Reason: pinstripe

Comment

Working...
                                X