Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

MAP sensor issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAP sensor issue

Hello guys so I get a CEL code for MAP sensor. It's unplugged now. But when I plug it in it won't start. When car is running and I plug it in when it's running, it shuts off. What is causing this to happen??

My first guess would be a bad MAP sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      My first guess would be a bad MAP sensor.
      If I replace the sensor and still don't start/run what may be my issue?? Thank You!!

Comment

If you unplug it, and the problem goes away, whatever you unplugged is the problem. The sensor is probably causing overfueling.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
          If you unplug it, and the problem goes away, whatever you unplugged is the problem. The sensor is probably causing overfueling.
          SO in theory, replace sensor with new one, connect sensor, car should start/run. Also my ecu is chipped with a stock h22 MAP. Will this have any problems??

Comment

Originally posted by white92frankn View Post
            SO in theory, replace sensor with new one, connect sensor, car should start/run. Also my ecu is chipped with a stock h22 MAP. Will this have any problems??
            We can only assume no. At this point:

Step 1: Replace MAP sensor.

This is how fixing a car works. ECU tells you something goes bad, you replace it. If something else is bad after that, you replace it too. Best to go with the facts.

Comment

As to your ECU question... Has it ever run properly with the current chipped ECU? If not, your best bet is to install a P13 and check if the problem persists. Or you can replace the MAP sensor and see if it fixes your issue. You can usually find them on eBay (try to get new OEM if at all possible) for a decent price.
              Originally posted by Junior Smurff
              Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Thank you

I'll replace map sensor first, plug it up and see if it starts. If it still don't start, what next?? Before the motor was rebuilt it had no cel codes. After the rebuild, cel on and only code is for MAP sensor. Thank You!!

Comment

Do you want us to guess?

Comment

Originally posted by white92frankn View Post
                    After the rebuild, cel on and only code is for MAP sensor. Thank You!!
                    Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Do you want us to guess?
                    Pick me, pick me! I guess it's an issue with the MAP sensor circuit. lol

Now weather it is the sensor or wiring that is something you will have to test with a mulitmeter. IMO, it is always better to test the wiring and the sensor before you go out and buy one. But that's just me.

For anyone who is planning to do there own mechanic work, the first tool you should buy is a multimeter. They will save you a tone of money and time. They take all the guess work out of electrical troubleshooting.
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

That is very true. Although I bought a multimeter and had NO idea what to do with it... so learning to use it is important as well! That might actually be a good thing for someone to either write or link to at some point in the future. I'll see if I can find a good writeup.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdUK6RPdIrA
                        [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

I got the multimeter

What's up guys?? So I do have a multimeter but it's nothing special as I got it from harbor freight. But what should I be testing for on my wiring to map sensor?

Comment

Working...
                          X