No announcement yet.

INT : Map light Install LX, DX, and 10th AE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is another DIY like this out there some where. except the guy who did it had an EX, so he ran the wires around his sun roof and spliced it off of the dome light.

this looks pretty clean though when i went to the JY all the 5th gen accords were lxs... no map lights

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
      the maplight switches are dual-throw but are set up as regular Normally Open single-throw switches for the maplight circuit. if you use the third pins of the switches (and plug) as a Normally Closed, it can act as a paired ground switch (controlled by the domelight) for both lights, even though their switches are in the "off" position.

ill have to go into detail later...
      Snaps...I never even noticed the switches were dual throw. You can save it for the DIY for it... I see how it's working now, guess I should have taken a closer look at the switches they used. Nice find!

Comment

Originally posted by freshnasty View Post
        there is another DIY like this out there some where. except the guy who did it had an EX, so he ran the wires around his sun roof and spliced it off of the dome light.

this looks pretty clean though when i went to the JY all the 5th gen accords were lxs... no map lights
        It doesn't have to be out of a Honda .. anything will work ..

I wanna find one a those monsters from an SUV .. you know .. the ones that have like sunglass-holders,
        pens .. lil drop-downs for who-knows-what. Some of those SUV map-lights are fugginn brrriight too.

I was on eBay about a year ago, and just missed out on one from an ollld Studebaker ..
        Talk about rare .. but I didn't follow it, and came back after it had already ended.
        I want something up there that's gonna be bright, rare, and a real eye-pleaser.

Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

This is a great DIY i personally want to install a 98 ACCORD dome light. it has the sunglasses holder
          The past, is history:The future, is a mystery:The present, is a gift.
          James 4:7
          Submit yourself to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Comment

Originally posted by RacH22 View Post
            Snaps...I never even noticed the switches were dual throw. You can save it for the DIY for it... I see how it's working now, guess I should have taken a closer look at the switches they used. Nice find!
            In no way was I saying yours was pointless. Mike and I have to do another detailed diy for the wiring for the lights to go on while having the doors open.

Originally posted by konig52r View Post
            This is a great DIY i personally want to install a 98 ACCORD dome light. it has the sunglasses holder
            Dude! Lol I bid on one and lost still waiting for another chance! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
              Dude! Lol I bid on one and lost still waiting for another chance! Lol
              Really? lol... How do you think fitment would be with those? You think there will be enough clearence at the top?

Comment

Somebody was talking about trying one of the bigger ones from the 6Gs and i dont think they'll fit. I mean, they might, but you're looking at cutting it REAL close.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by konig52r View Post
                  Really? lol... How do you think fitment would be with those? You think there will be enough clearence at the top?

It might fit but I would only do the mod if I had an extra headliner just in case it doest work.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                    It might fit but I would only do the mod if I had an extra headliner just in case it doest work.
                    I dont like the sound of that!

Comment

sweet ness
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

im liking the idea of the sunglasses one;; some1 do this lmk how it goes so i can do it! hehe its funny cause i need something i have no dome light or nothingg the guy who had my car b4 me decided to install his own manual sunroof so now im left wit no dome light=/ it sucks @ night let me tell ya
                        2004 Accord Sedan CM6 (daily)
                        Koni Yellows, Hood Bra,Splash Guards,Deck Lid,Weather Mats,Sunroof Visor,Fog Lights <-All OEM, Mugen Door Visors, 07 Tsx Wheels.
                        1990 Accord Coupe CB7 (project)
                        H22 Swap, Skunk2 Springs on Koni Str.t, Rear Disk Swap, Fog Lights, 92-93 Trunk Conversion, 02 Accord Rims

Comment

AWESOME!!! Ive wanted to do this for sometime now!!!

will definitely be doing this DIY in the spring!!! Now I just need to hit up the JYs and find a maplight lol

on the DIY!!!

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                          be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

How much room is there inbetween the headliner and the top of the car? I am just curious if the maplight that I found will be able to fit.

Comment

Any DIY's on the wiring yet?

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

excellent sir ive always wanted map lights hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X