old man checkin in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
    I'm still crazy about cars also, but i dont have that "i have to have that part" mentality like i used to. When I bought my infiniti, i thought of buying a car that was age appropriate, I can take on dates, comes decently fast stock, and not much to do to keep me happy. I've only lowered my car and upgraded my front bumper and side skirts. It's been like that for nearly a year now. lol. The cars that i couldnt afford back then, i can afford now especially in the used car market.

But likewise, on the garage. When that day comes when i become a home owner have a garage, I'm sure I'd spend more time with my hobby again.

as for now, if i wanna go fast and nearly kill myself, i have my crotch rocket.
    Same here, although I plan on the 415 hp and 415 ft-lbs. of torque to provide some decent s when I need a fix for the "I need to go fast adrenaline junkie rush."
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I'm still crazy about cars also, but i dont have that "i have to have that part" mentality like i used to. When I bought my infiniti, i thought of buying a car that was age appropriate, I can take on dates, comes decently fast stock, and not much to do to keep me happy. I've only lowered my car and upgraded my front bumper and side skirts. It's been like that for nearly a year now. lol. The cars that i couldnt afford back then, i can afford now especially in the used car market.
      That's exactly why I got my CTS-V. Plenty of power, handling, braking, and aggressive looks right out of the box... even for a car that was 6 years old when I bought it. The only mod I did was a Diablosport tuner that came with a tune specifically for a stock CTS-V (claims a gain of 30hp... I have no idea, but I have no complaints!) Aside from the stiff ride (one date actually complained about it), it's a fairly luxurious car. The only thing I want to do to it mod-wise now is to convert the center console to a base CTS unit, so I can install a proper touchscreen DVD/Nav unit. The original 2006 unit (which probably debuted in 2004 or earlier) is a pathetic, frustrating piece of crap. Especially the navigation functionality!

My next car will be a Miata, which will basically be a restoration project. Something else MAY replace the CTS-V, but it will be stock and stay stock, whatever it is. Possibly a TL or Crosstour.

Once I'm into a house with enough space to get something cool, I have three things I'm considering: FFR kit car, a serious 94-97 Miata M Edition restoration (depending on how much I like my Miata when I get it), a 996 (97-04 911... they're relatively cheap at the moment. The unloved 911. I'd love it just fine!) or an imported 25 year old something that we never got here (Japanese, Italian, German, French, or British... right now, I'm leaning toward British.)

Comment

But likewise, on the garage. When that day comes when i become a home owner have a garage, I'm sure I'd spend more time with my hobby again.

as for now, if i wanna go fast and nearly kill myself, i have my crotch rocket.
        Damn, I took my last date out in a Civic and she wanted to get married! It must have been my really big...

The funny thing is that whenever I have the opportunity to work on a car, I don't want to and whenever I don't have the opportunity, I want to!
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

It's age. Ha. I used to work in my car in an Autozone parking lot. Now I have a 2 car garage and the most I do is change my oil lol. Plus with work & my wife I just don't have the time. When I was in college I could spend a whole day washing, working on and aimlessly driving my old CB. Now not so much. I'm lucky to get gas on a weekend

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Been here for going on 9 years now, cars just sitting waiting for me to work on it, since its my 1st ever car and it doesn't cost me any money to keep it in the garage I plan on trying to keep it forever. However thoughts of parting out and selling have come up everything now and then but can never bring my self too it. I hope being on here more will re-spark my motivation and drive to work on it, but I am like a lot of others on here now with a wife and kid. I do so much DIY stuff there always something I want to build or Brew, gardening, woodworking, computer and electronics. UGH! I need a job that pays twice as much and with only half the amount of time in order too catch up!

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
            The job took me to Texas into the Dallas area.

I like Dallas, but it is flat, flat, flat.
            Come down to the Austin Area then! Its all hill country with some amazing twisty fun roads with some of the best scenery around. You can ask a few other members here from when I was hosting Texas meets that they all wanted to come back and drive the back roads here. I have a custom route that takes you on the best driving roads here in town and some surrounding areas as well if you want it, let me know.
            Last edited by baracuda; 03-09-2016, 12:37 PM.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
              Been here for going on 9 years now, cars just sitting waiting for me to work on it, since its my 1st ever car and it doesn't cost me any money to keep it in the garage I plan on trying to keep it forever. However thoughts of parting out and selling have come up everything now and then but can never bring my self too it. I hope being on here more will re-spark my motivation and drive to work on it, but I am like a lot of others on here now with a wife and kid. I do so much DIY stuff there always something I want to build or Brew, gardening, woodworking, computer and electronics. UGH! I need a job that pays twice as much and with only half the amount of time in order too catch up!

Come down to the Austin Area then! Its all hill country with some amazing twisty fun roads with some of the best scenery around. You can ask a few other members here from when I was hosting Texas meets that they all wanted to come back and drive the back roads here. I have a custom route that takes you on the best driving roads here in town and some surrounding areas as well if you want it, let me know.
              I am definitely open to suggestion. I could nuke one of my blocks of days off by taking a drive.

I have seen some roads recommended around here on various websites, but honestly, coming from being within 2 miles of one of Car and Driver's 10 best roads, I am finding it hard to not be disappointed... I HAVE heard good things about the Austin area, so I am definitely willing to try it out. Let me know!
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

The last time I was in Texas, I spent most of my time in Dallas, with a couple of days in Austin. Austin is indeed a nice place. It felt quite different from the rest of Texas that I saw (which is also nice, but in a different way.)

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                  Man, how I miss driving Lime Creek in my old 91' EX. If I drove it in my current DD, I'm pretty sure I'd die a fiery death (91' Chevrolet Caprice, of all things).

It really is crazy to think I've been here for almost a decade...still miss both my CB7s now and then. I'm still doing fun car projects though (LS swapping my 88' Chevrolet truck).
                  Last edited by foamypirate; 03-18-2016, 10:59 AM.
                  Originally posted by sweet91accord
                  if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    That's exactly why I got my CTS-V. Plenty of power, handling, braking, and aggressive looks right out of the box... even for a car that was 6 years old when I bought it. The only mod I did was a Diablosport tuner that came with a tune specifically for a stock CTS-V (claims a gain of 30hp... I have no idea, but I have no complaints!) Aside from the stiff ride (one date actually complained about it), it's a fairly luxurious car. The only thing I want to do to it mod-wise now is to convert the center console to a base CTS unit, so I can install a proper touchscreen DVD/Nav unit. The original 2006 unit (which probably debuted in 2004 or earlier) is a pathetic, frustrating piece of crap. Especially the navigation functionality!

My next car will be a Miata, which will basically be a restoration project. Something else MAY replace the CTS-V, but it will be stock and stay stock, whatever it is. Possibly a TL or Crosstour.

Once I'm into a house with enough space to get something cool, I have three things I'm considering: FFR kit car, a serious 94-97 Miata M Edition restoration (depending on how much I like my Miata when I get it), a 996 (97-04 911... they're relatively cheap at the moment. The unloved 911. I'd love it just fine!) or an imported 25 year old something that we never got here (Japanese, Italian, German, French, or British... right now, I'm leaning toward British.)

i like miatas will all due respect... But after owning an s2000, my favorite saying every time i see a miata on a road while driving my s2k "hah... silly miatas!" lol

somewhere down the line, i'd like to own another s2000. it was such a fun car.

Comment

Time for a meet?

I was 20 when I first started on cb7tuner, now I'm friggin 33! crazy how time has gone by.
                      There was a time when you never aged on this forum.

Comment

93 Accord H22.. 10th anniv.edition-wrecked R.i.P

99 EM1 Boosted type R- Jacked and never found

Comment

Still check in every once in a while. Still a cb7 fan and would love to own another one day. Also gotta wait for the whole house/garage situation.
                          HSHO #3

Comment

^one of my all time favorite CB's from back in the day

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordEX View Post
                              Still check in every once in a while. Still a cb7 fan and would love to own another one day. Also gotta wait for the whole house/garage situation.
                              Jason! How's it going? What are you driving, still on a German kick?

One of these days you need to dig up the photos of your car in its prime, I think I've only seen 3-4 photos of it ever before you had it painted flat black.

Comment

Working...
                              X