H311RA151N : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
    Thanks for the insight! I need to add this bit of info in the 5 speed conversion DIY I made. It simply needs to be covered. And I have a prime time to do it in less than a week. Perfect timing.

Comment

I can measure mine when they get here to give you a reference for yours.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
        I can measure mine when they get here to give you a reference for yours.
        Heck yeah, the more data we can acquire the better! It would be nice to create a tolerance range from that data.

Comment

I'm tempted to go to the junkyard and torque one down till it breaks to see how much they can stand. That's only if I can find one with the tranny off already though.

Comment

Shouldn't be hard, people get trannies off in junk yards all the time...
            '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Last time I changed my clutch and flywheel I torqued them down to 150 psi, I forgot to adjust the pressure. None of them snapped though , then I purchased an arp set for the twin disk setup.
              Last edited by laz93se; 05-28-2015, 10:02 AM.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                Shouldn't be hard, people get trannies off in junk yards all the time...
                eew.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                  eew.

Gran Torino, what a damn good movie.

Comment

Changed the oil in this thing tonight.

Comment

My bolts should be here within the week. I'm going to head to the junk yard Sunday to see if there's a bolt I can torque down till it shreds. I also will keep an eye out still for the heat shield if you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                        My bolts should be here within the week. I'm going to head to the junk yard Sunday to see if there's a bolt I can torque down till it shreds. I also will keep an eye out still for the heat shield if you need it.
                        I'm not going to get to do the swap this weekend or early next week anyhow. Looking like next weekend. Kinda pisses me off in a way. The rain every day for the past two weeks or damn near has me screwed up and behind on other things.

Comment

I managed to find the time to get the new OEM driver side window seal in yesterday. It went perfect which is rare for replacing window seals. I used a little white lithium grease to get me by until the Shin-Etsu shows up. Gf drove this to the store today to do some grocery shopping. Hence the purse. Window rolls up and down like new. Also seals up nicely which means no more sound of leaking air going down the road. These seals are around $90 a piece, so glad a had this one from the 93 LX that got wrecked. I never had the chance to install it.

New on right, old on left.

Installed.

Comment

Cracked the transmission open today. Everything looks good. Salvage yard transmissions are always a little bit of a gamble. But I guess I gambled and won this time.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 06-01-2015, 09:05 AM.

Comment

I had to verify that the transmission was good prior to cleaning the exterior of the case because it has a warranty stamp and UV dye that I did not want to wash off. But after the internals were verified as good last night I put it back together, plugged the holes and proceeded to clean the exterior of the case.

Still a ton of cleaning to do but it's looking a lot better already. Not to mention cleaning the exterior of the case will dramatically reduce the amount of debris that can enter the transmission upon final assembly.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 06-01-2015, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Ordering some internal parts and case bolts. Before putting the case back together I put down a thin bead of Hondabond and then I tried torquing all the bolts, in sequence, to spec. I had one bolt (the second bolt in the sequence which is one of the two longer 12mm's) damn near snap in half. I attempted to put the proper torque on these bolts for this reason as I read that it's a common problem. They simply will no hold 25 ftlbs after being previously installed.

So upon disassembly, after the case is to my satisfaction, I will scrape off the Hondabond and reseal it. It takes a very thin bead of Hondabond.

Comment

Working...
                                X