No announcement yet.

NH-503P-3 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

love these updates mark! you should have tried to pull the black DX carpet, but that would have taken all day to get to. is it the same ply as the LX/EX carpet? I know the seats are much "cheaper" feeling.
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Thanks Tim. The DX carpet looks to be the same as any other CB carpet. To me, all of it is ugly and cheap looking. If someone is building a nice black interior coupe, well they are in for some work for sure. With work like that, putting CB carpet in will not be an improvement lol. But black coupe carpet is pretty rare. I know, shoulda, woulda, coulda.
      Here’s a nice find I’m adding to my new steering & column setup. It’s an Acura MDX headlight combo switch. It has an added “auto” selection for DRL. I will be adding DRL to my car soon anyways.

Put the wheel back together now that the lights are done. I love it.

5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

This build is insane my cb love has slowly been dying. I'm on my 7th cb treating it as a neglected daily. Your build is why I love cb7's I'm inspired looking through your thread.

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
          Apalileo, you got a DX. What do you have? Crap cup holder or the delete?
          My DX came with the super fantastic always stuck cup holders. The gray interior swap came with these amazing sometimes stuck cup holders. I wouldn't mind finding one of those deleted panels, but since I don't use them now, I forget they're there.
          1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Well my car has been down for the past couple weeks. I blew the ps and alt. Belts off the car coming home from work. There is also a gaping hole in the lower timing cover. Fixing that will, of course be a total joy. On top of it my fuel pump is crapping out. Another joyous fix.
            So.... in the mean time I’ve been building the automatic headlight setup for the new combo switch going on my steering column/wheel build. Below is the modified CB combo switch harness that incorporates the automatic light control module, relay and sunlight sensor required to have this option. It’s all out of an ‘05 Acura MDX. It’s does work. I just ran out of battery before I can make 100% sure the sunlight sensor is all good at turning off the headlights. Location etc. I need to throw on another alt. Belt and clean up the harness which I’m doing now. Then I will add drl. Which to do correctly like factory. Requires quite a bit more than even this mod.

~Mark~

Comment

Always great to see you expanding on what this chassis is capable of with your ability to adapt newer parts with added functionality. Keep up the great work!
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

yea that auto light mod is awesome. it sucks they took soooo long to add it to the accord chassis. i wish my cb7 had it. you should make a diy lol.
                COUPE K24

Comment

Is that little black piece with the green connector plugged into it the electronic eye for the system? When did they start putting those on Accords?
                  My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
                  Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
                  Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Yes that is the sunlight sensor. The auto selection combo switch, automatic light control module, and sunlight sensor are all from a 2005 MDX. There is another sunlight sensor, a two wire one that I have for the future digital climate control. It is the sensor that is common on later 90’s and newer Honda dashes.

~Mark~

Comment

Oh the relay is also from the ‘05 MDX. It has the fog light relay attached to it too. Idk yet if I’m going to use it for fog or for operation of the DRL.
                      And thanks for the comments & compliments guys.

~Mark~

Comment

Today I worked my ass off on this car and got the automatic headlight mod all installed and wired in. Now I understand why there is a wire that goes to the driver door switch. I don’t think these automatic lights have a timer to go off after you park. They shut off when you open the door. I’ll have to finish that next weekend but for now the mod works as it should.
                        I also installed the TSX wheel and modded CD column. Everything came out pretty nice.

In this pic you can see the “auto” selection on the lighting combo switch.

Here is the light show.

~Mark~

Comment

Well now, that doesn't even look like a cb7 anymore (but in good way). It looks amazing. I would consider that a winter project haha

Comment

Jeez dude that all looks phenomenal! If honda decided to do a throw back with updated mods your car would be it! I wish I had the knowledge to do that. But I am the complete opposite lol I am removing luxury items. Nice work Mark! I love my auto headlights on my tundra and would love to incorporate them in the cb. Hopefully you do a DIY on some of your mods!
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

where did you put the sunload sensor?
                              COUPE K24

Comment

The sunlight sensor I put in the corner of my dash up through the driver side pilar. Until I remove the dash and make a hole up in the front center for it, it’ll have to stay there.

I rolled down to a nice CB meet today

Lots of nice rides and people.
                                Last edited by NH-503P-3; 07-23-2018, 10:52 AM.

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
                                X