CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Technical

Old 09-25-2018, 11:37 PM   #1
dreamability
CB7tuner Member

dreamability is cool... so far.
After market flywheel with a real pilot bearing

So as you may know our cars have just the little metal shim/sleeve (pilot bushing) in the flywheel in place of a "pilot bearing".
I picked up a flywheel and it came with a pilot bearing so I'm a little concerned.
The flywheels specs are good, right amount of teeth and measurements. It is a lighter chromemoly flywheel BTW.
So I'm just asking if that's normal on some aftermarket flywheels to have a pilot bearing in place of the metal pilot bushing?
Thanks

Old 09-26-2018, 09:43 AM   #2
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Yes, both of my Fidanzas had true pilot bearings, as well.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:56 AM   #3
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
Yep. My Fidanza had a bearing. Completely normal.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:00 PM   #4
dreamability
CB7tuner Member

Awesome. Thanks for taking the time to give me some reassurance. I figured but just wanted to be certain. Hopefully I'll get around to posting my coupe project in members rides soon.
Thanks again.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:27 AM   #5
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Please do. Did you buy that car recently, or have you had it a while? I just moved back to Houston from Denton, and if I had seen that coupe for sale when I was there, it would be in my garage right now.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:20 PM   #6
dreamability
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
Please do. Did you buy that car recently, or have you had it a while? I just moved back to Houston from Denton, and if I had seen that coupe for sale when I was there, it would be in my garage right now.
I will get it added as soon as time permits or I take a break on the project.
Well I'm glad you didn't see it and its in my garage, lol. Yeah I bought it Oct. 2017. It sat in the driveway until I think June, then I put it in the garage. I try and work on it at least a couple hours a day during the week and all day Saturdays. It started as just a Koni suspension upgrade and some wheels and turned in to me doing the whole car. Currently engines out so I can do the bay,(ABS delete, wire tuck, & cleaning). Members Ride coming soon.
Thanks again.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:30 AM   #7
Jarrett
Contributing Member

I'm the king (except maybe steelbluesleeper) of having an engine out of the car and stored in a garage. Just don't lose interest in it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: