Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CO% For Emissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CO% For Emissions

Anyone know how to lower the percentage of CO on a F22A1 with just an intake and Apexi catback

A cat back system will not effect emissions as far as I know. Is your intake C.A.R.B. exempt or 50 state legal? if it is then it shouldn't be a problem. I lived in California had DC headers, intake and a cat back and it was ok emissions wise.
    1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
    2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

co?

Depends on your other numbers, list everything.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
        co?

Depends on your other numbers, list everything.
        Carbon monoxide. I passed everything except at the 15mph. My CO was 0.88, the legal limit in VA is 0.50

Comment

Originally posted by DjM_coupe View Post
          A cat back system will not effect emissions as far as I know. Is your intake C.A.R.B. exempt or 50 state legal? if it is then it shouldn't be a problem. I lived in California had DC headers, intake and a cat back and it was ok emissions wise.
          It's 50 state legal. I don't think those mods were problems, the guy never said anything. It was just that at 15mph my carbon monoxide was .88 and legal limit is .5. So not that off, but still failed...

Comment

Co is fine tunned by o2 sensor, high c0 inndicates a faulty o2 sensor, even if no engine light o2 can still be out of range pull out you dvom and test it before you replace between C and D terminals on 02 is there 10-40 ohms?
            Last edited by 90blackcoupe; 05-30-2012, 03:10 PM.

1993 CB6 Coupe Seattle Silver YR-94M

Originally posted by Acclude
            4gens are win. It's in the bible somewhere.
            yeah its verse 10.6:1

Members Ride Thread
            1993 Accord Coupe- Summer ride
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130064
            1995 Civic Coupe - Winter/DD
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...53#post2744953

Comment

Originally posted by 90blackcoupe View Post
              Co is fine tunned by o2 sensor, high c0 inndicates a faulty o2 sensor, even if no engine light o2 can still be out of range pull out you dvom and test it before you replace between C and D terminals on 02 is there 10-40 ohms?
              Unfortunately, I can't test it out because I don't have the equipment, but I did speak to my uncle who is a mechanic and he thinks it might be an o2 sensor problem also.

Comment

Went to retest today. Failed. CO% spiked to 1.02 from previous .88. This was after I had installed a new oxygen sensor. I ran the car a good 30miles before heading over to the test site again. What's wrong?!?? Registration expires today...

Comment

Try this: http://www.amazon.com/CRC-05063-Guar.../dp/B000CIPUR8

It helped me pass CA emissions. Your car is likely running a little rich from collected fuel in the combustion chamber and this might clean up those spots. You can find it at any local auto parts store too. I left a review of the product on amazon and I highly recommend it.
                  Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by MRX View Post
                    Try this: http://www.amazon.com/CRC-05063-Guar.../dp/B000CIPUR8

It helped me pass CA emissions. Your car is likely running a little rich from collected fuel in the combustion chamber and this might clean up those spots. You can find it at any local auto parts store too. I left a review of the product on amazon and I highly recommend it.
                    Where do you put the liquid?

Comment

before you replaced o2 did you test it? and what o2 did you replace it with ntk? denso? just don't say bosch.

what were the hc and nox numbers on that test?

1993 CB6 Coupe Seattle Silver YR-94M

Originally posted by Acclude
                      4gens are win. It's in the bible somewhere.
                      yeah its verse 10.6:1

Members Ride Thread
                      1993 Accord Coupe- Summer ride
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130064
                      1995 Civic Coupe - Winter/DD
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...53#post2744953

Comment

Originally posted by 90blackcoupe View Post
                        before you replaced o2 did you test it? and what o2 did you replace it with ntk? denso? just don't say bosch.

what were the hc and nox numbers on that test?
                        Not to sure of the brand. I just sat back and let my mechanic of an uncle replace the old one, didn't even bother to watch him.

1st report
                        15mph - 33 HC - Legal limit: 125
                        25mph - 49 - 136
                        15mph - 430 NO - Limit: 1636
                        25mph - 378 - 1591

2nd report
                        15mph - 43 HC - Limit: 125
                        25mph - 73 - 136
                        15mph - 461 NO - Limit: 1636
                        25mph - 385 - 1591

Comment

Originally posted by dannyhsu View Post
                          Where do you put the liquid?
                          Gas tank. Just run it through a tank of gas. Then before you go do the test get the cats hot just as you did last time.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by MRX View Post
                            Gas tank. Just run it through a tank of gas. Then before you go do the test get the cats hot just as you did last time.
                            oh ok, hey I was just wondering could gasoline have affected the results? it's the same gas i always get (87 unleaded) but I filled up the day before the retest. on my first test, i showed up with a little less than a quarter of gas

Comment

the octane level could have an negative effect on HC and CO levels if the octane was too high for the system (i.e. running 93 octane in a bone stock accord...that includes i/h/e) and resulted in unburned a/f mixture getting through the engine. But 87 is what you should be using so you should be ok with that. Also, the level of gas should matter either unless the pump is sucking up air...which it shouldn't be even with a little less than a 1/4 tank of gas.

Comment

Working...
                              X