Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ef upper control arms for hellaflush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ef upper control arms for hellaflush?

hey i saw 1clean92 thread and he mentioned he put on ef upper control arms to clear his diamond wheels

16x8 +13 spaced out 15mm making it -2
    205/40/16
    ef upper control arms

just wondering if i need to do this

i'm planning on fitting
    17x9 +12
    205/40
    205/45
    or
    215/40
    215/45

on my cb7 sedan

any tips before i shell out the tires

i'm rolling stock s14 wheels
    and form and function type 1 coils

thanks guys

No you don't need them. There are other ways to create negative camber other than installing a part off of a completely different car...

Just get a camber kit.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
      No you don't need them. There are other ways to create negative camber other than installing a part off of a completely different car...

Just get a camber kit.
      True, you don't need the ef upper control arms. If you want the hellaflush look, you really just need to adjust the rear camber to match the negative camber of the front. Slamming cb7s seems to add enough camber in the front naturally to get the look you want. The ef upper control arm just adds even more negative camber.

Most camber kits will make the control arm sit higher and hit the fender well more often, while being slammed (this is for the anchor bolt style). No camber kit should leave more room for the upper control arm to move up (I've seen people cut holes in the fender for more clearance). The other style camber kit might be able to accomplish what you are looking to do, but you will need to get a camber kit for the rear to increase the negative camber to match the front.

I don't recommend modifying your car like this, but if its what you want to do, then don't cheap out on parts and buy quality suspension components. Replace all balljoints, suspension components and bushings. All that stuff is about 20 years old and should be replaced if it hasn't been. I'd do it just to be save and to know for a fact that all the suspension is new.

Comment

using different control arms from other cars is no big deal, i am currently using oddysey control arms on my coupe

you can buy anchor type kits to camber it in, but unless you get ingalls they all suck

ef control arms are pretty cheap, $30 at a local yard, i would try it to see if it fits your needs, if not im pretty sure someone is looking for a set

you cant loose

with suspension, theres a limit to math, in reality you really wont know until you try it, with math you get close but not perfect
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Kouzie used them on his CB, had no problems. He used the adjustable mount ones by I think Skunk2.

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
            Kouzie used them on his CB, had no problems. He used the adjustable mount ones by I think Skunk2.
            Those are the ones I wasn't too sure about. I mentioned that those would probably help to get that hellaflush look. But, the anchor bolt style will cause the upper control arm to sit higher than normal.

Comment

I got EF ones on my car ( bought from Kouzie)??
              Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
              CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
              Coupe MRT

Comment

Working...
              X