No announcement yet.

Redesigned 2014 Honda Civic Coupe with Slightly More Powerful Si Breaks Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redesigned 2014 Honda Civic Coupe with Slightly More Powerful Si Breaks Cover

Click here to view more photos

Honda placed the marker on the Las Vegas SEMA Show for the world premiere of its revised 2014 Civic Coupe, though, for the full details including pricing, the Japanese carmaker tells us that we'll have to wait a few weeks for the upcoming Los Angeles Auto Show (November 22 to December 1). The redesign of the Civic Coupe follows the refresh of the sedan model last year.You'll be able to tell it's the 2014MY from the coupe's re-styled front end featuring a busier grille treatment, new headlights, reworked bumper with different openings, plus new hood and fender designs. Additional changes include the new taillight lenses, redesigned rear bumper, new side mirrors and wheel designs.The sportier Civic Si Coupe adds some more aggressive styling cues such as a bespoke lower front bumper garnish and apron, larger than before rear decklid spoiler, a different rear bumper with a diffuser, and larger 18-inch wheels.Honda engineers also retuned the Si Coupe's exhaust system that boosts the 2.4-liter inline four's peak output by 4hp and maximum torque by 4 lb-ft for a total of 205-horsepower and 174 lb-ft of torque respectively,Honda did not mention any changes for the 2014 Civic Coupe's interior and chassis.
    http://www.carscoops.com/2013/11/red...oupe-with.html
    FRIENDS
    DONT LET
    FRIENDS
    ROLL ON
    ROTA'S

Click here to view photo gallery

Honda took the wraps off its 2014 Civic Coupe (red car pictured above) and 2014 Civic Si (gray car in the gallery below) at SEMA today, revealing a mid-cycle refresh for each model. The standard Civic coupe benefits from several cosmetic enhancements, while the Civic Si gets the bulk of its improvements under the hood – precisely where the enthusiasts want them.The best-selling Civic Coupe sports a new front fascia that is "fun and sporty," says the automaker. The more aggressive snout is a step in the proper direction, as its new shape and exclusive grille design gives the two-door a distinctive appearance that sets it apart from its sedan sibling. The rear end follows the same design language, as the lower portion of the urethane bumper gains some character – its smooth surface has been resculpted and recontoured. Newly available 18-inch wheels complete the exterior transformation.The 2014 Civic Si benefits from a larger spoiler and new wheels, but the big news is in the powertrain. Honda has massaged the 2.4-liter i-VTEC engine and opened up the exhaust system. As a result, output climbs to 205 horsepower (up from 201) and torque increases to 174 pound-feet (up from 170). The power gains aren't extraordinary, but they should allow the coupe to hit 60 miles per hour from a standstill in about six seconds flat and still return over 30 mpg on the open road. Scroll down for the official release.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/05/2...upe-sema-2013/
    FRIENDS
    DONT LET
    FRIENDS
    ROLL ON
    ROTA'S

Comment

Press Release:

2014 Honda Civic Coupe Ignites Opening Day of 2013 SEMA Show- 2014 Civic Coupe features sportier exterior styling- 2014 Civic Si boosts fun-to-drive performance with more horsepower- Launch of Honda Performance Development Street Performance Accessory lineup beginning with CR-Z- 133-mph Honda "Mean Mower" joins stock and modified cars and motorcycles on displayA significantly updated 2014 Honda Civic Coupe (http://automobiles.honda.com/2014-civic/) made its world debut today at the 2013 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show, offering a first look at new exterior styling updates to America's best-selling1 compact car. Honda also announced that the performance-oriented Civic Si will benefit from increased power and larger wheels and tires, making both the two- and four-door varieties even more fun to drive.Honda also surprised performance enthusiasts by announcing plans to begin sales of street-oriented performance parts developed by Honda Performance Development, Inc. (HPD), Honda's U.S.-based race engineering company, starting with a full range of performance accessories for the CR-Z sport hybrid coupe (http://automobiles.honda.com/cr-z/hpd.aspx) that go on-sale at Honda dealerships today. A power-boosting CR-Z supercharger package will follow in the spring of 2014. In the longer term, HPD engineers are also investigating other models and platforms in order to expand Honda's street performance product line."With the further advancement of the 2014 Civic Coupe and Si models and an exciting path forward for performance parts drawing on our racing experience we are making a statement about our commitment to the fun to drive character of the Honda brand", said John Mendel, executive vice president auto sales for American Honda Motor Co., Inc.The 2014 Civic Coupe and Coupe SiFollowing a major refresh of Civic Sedan styling for 2013, Honda turns its attention to the Civic Coupe and Coupe Si, implementing a host of exterior design changes that include a more aggressive grille, hood, front fenders and headlight design. Additional Coupe exterior changes include new taillight lenses, sportier front and rear bumpers, new side mirrors and new wheel designs.The Civic Si Coupe benefits from the same styling enhancements as the standard Civic Coupe but adds Si-exclusive design cues, including a unique lower front bumper garnish, larger rear decklid spoiler, a distinctive front spoiler and sporty rear air diffuser. The Civic Si Sedan picks up on these same cues, and both the Si Coupe and Si Sedan get larger, 18-inch (+1 inch) wheels and tires with new wheel designs.The performance-tuned Civic Si Coupe and Si Sedan also get a retuned exhaust system that helps boost peak output to 205 horsepower2 (+4 horsepower) and 174 lb-ft of torque3 (+4 ft-lb).More details about the full 2014 Civic lineup will be made available at the upcoming Los Angeles Auto Show.Civics on DisplayOn display at Honda's SEMA showcase are a 2014 Civic Si Coupe, a 2014 Civic Coupe EX-L equipped with a Honda Genuine Accessories aero kit and 18-inch wheels, the HPD Civic Si Coupe Race Car and the HPD Civic Street Performance Concept, an aggressive street performance concept featuring many HPD racing parts that currently only are available for sanctioned race cars.
      FRIENDS
      DONT LET
      FRIENDS
      ROLL ON
      ROTA'S

Comment

FRIENDS
        DONT LET
        FRIENDS
        ROLL ON
        ROTA'S

Comment

Stopped caring about the bodystyle and the wheel updates.

Just already freaking make a Type R trim. Track ready daily driver, naturally aspirated 200tq 270hp, sub 2800lbs weight, without the ridiculous wheel well gaps, with some respectable handling capabilities, under $27K.

There is just nothing exciting about the Civic they make now.

Comment

I like the look of the Si. The regular coupe looks like the FCX Clarity in the front fascia. Love the new taillight design even though it's straight from the sedan. Honda needs to fix the wheel gaps across the civic line up, add more features to make the car more competitive, and for the Si I think it's time it went turbo to stay competitive also. If I'm not mistaken every car that compete with the Si is turbocharged and if they're NA they still have more HP.

The Si doesn't perform the way it should unless you get the HFP tuning package. That's when the Si really reaches back into its heritage. It's still no Vtec screamer, but its just enough to satisfy new consumers. The thing is, it'll never be "enough" for Honda purist and enthusiast who remember what the Si was like back in the 90s and the all famous EM1 Si. Which I even drool over and I don't like civics, at all.

Honda just needs to clear their drawing boards and reach back into their roots and build cars the way they use to. The only thing that I truly like in the Honda line up is the Accord Sedan. The coupe looks too much like the previous generation, but the Sedan is perfect. Looks fresh, luxurious and new. Doesn't look too much like the previous gen, infact the headlights and grille kinda reach back to the 6th gen accord if you ask me. Wonderful car, just get rid of that CVT. No one likes CVTs, and they have marginal benefits in MPG over automatics and manuals.

Comment

Nonononoononoonononono take it back to the drawing board. Ahhhh.

Fuking make something turbo already.
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I seriously hate that stupid camera they have on the side mirror.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Wow, that thing looks HUGE!

The belt line on the car is just so high up it makes even those wheels look TINY. I know a lot of it stems from the pedestrian crash height BS, but still...it just looks too big.

The first photo is the only one that looks any good IMHO, because it focuses on the body crease .

I just don't like the trend of these blobby slab sided cars.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
                    I like the look of the Si. The regular coupe looks like the FCX Clarity in the front fascia. Love the new taillight design even though it's straight from the sedan. Honda needs to fix the wheel gaps across the civic line up, add more features to make the car more competitive, and for the Si I think it's time it went turbo to stay competitive also. If I'm not mistaken every car that compete with the Si is turbocharged and if they're NA they still have more HP.

The Si doesn't perform the way it should unless you get the HFP tuning package. That's when the Si really reaches back into its heritage. It's still no Vtec screamer, but its just enough to satisfy new consumers. The thing is, it'll never be "enough" for Honda purist and enthusiast who remember what the Si was like back in the 90s and the all famous EM1 Si. Which I even drool over and I don't like civics, at all.

Honda just needs to clear their drawing boards and reach back into their roots and build cars the way they use to. The only thing that I truly like in the Honda line up is the Accord Sedan. The coupe looks too much like the previous generation, but the Sedan is perfect. Looks fresh, luxurious and new. Doesn't look too much like the previous gen, infact the headlights and grille kinda reach back to the 6th gen accord if you ask me. Wonderful car, just get rid of that CVT. No one likes CVTs, and they have marginal benefits in MPG over automatics and manuals.
                    this sums up everything im feeling towards honda. thank you sir, thank you.

Originally posted by scudweiser
                    i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Comment

Working...
                    X