Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

main relay issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

main relay issues

ive noticed that every once in a while my car wont start. i used to own a 90 civic and they were notorious for these problems. it seems to have the same symptoms as the civic. it hasnt died while im driving yet*knock*knock like my civic. so just wondering if its an issue with cb's like ef's. if so has anyone done a DIY yet?

Yep, it's an issue with cb's as well. Once they get hot, they don't like to work, there for, your car won't start. They're kind of a pain to get to. It's up under the dash, behind the cruise control module. I believe it has 7 wires in the plug, little gray box. Good luck

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=main+relay

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Tuff

I took mine out just to learn it was fine. I was a BI**H! to get to... Its waaaay up there and i scratched the crap outa my hand and arms trying to get it out. I bolted the cruise back up but just tucked the relay behind it, so I don't have to sweat it to get to it again... Took me a good 20-25 mins till I finally unhooked it... Nine_deuce was there just staring at me while I struggled and giving me words of encouragement, ("...ooh man, that looks like a bit%h to get to...") Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by eazyduzit509 View Post
          I took mine out just to learn it was fine. I was a BI**H! to get to... Its waaaay up there and i scratched the crap outa my hand and arms trying to get it out. I bolted the cruise back up but just tucked the relay behind it, so I don't have to sweat it to get to it again... Took me a good 20-25 mins till I finally unhooked it... Nine_deuce was there just staring at me while I struggled and giving me words of encouragement, ("...ooh man, that looks like a bit%h to get to...") Haha.
          hahaha, i talked to my mechanic today and lucky me he says he'll do it free! woot! ive delt with that thing on my EF so i know the pain it can be
          Last edited by 5peed-E-CB; 01-14-2009, 03:29 AM. Reason: wanted to add a little more

Comment

Nine'r

Having Nine_Deuce around makes me feel smarter... His honda brain rubs off on me...

Comment

I assume you are talking about the main fuel pump relay. With 3rd gen Preludes it's easy to tell when there is a problem.

When you turn on the ignition the check engine light comes on. After a few seconds it goes off (no beeping). If the light doesn't go off the fuel pump main relay is bad. Do the CB7's have something similar to this ?

Just like a starter relay, you can coax the relay to make contact by kicking it, slapping it, unplugging/replugging. Some people remove the cover and re-solder all the solder points on the printed circuit board. They swear by this.

Comment

Working...
              X