MCM Tribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCM Tribute

Finished my MCM tribute today threw on the big MCM logo i picked up this morning.

LOVE Mighty Car Mods with Marty and Moog.

i had this made up a few weeks ago

and this is it this morning...finished for now

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
    — Mighty Car Mods

check mine lol

I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
      check mine lol

Thats awesome man!!

You should add something like "Unit 6" or something to that effect so people will think there are others.

Lol
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by lucifer1 View Post
        I don't get it, no one can do everything themselves nor have all the equipment/machinery to everything themselves. Sounds like a sore loser attitude.
        I get it. Its like the whole "built not bought" thing to the next level.

ITS DEEP BRO

LOL
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I don't get it, no one can do everything themselves nor have all the equipment/machinery to everything themselves. Sounds like a sore loser attitude.
          just depends on how dedicated you are. you probably wouldnt understand.
          I <3 G60.

Comment

its not whether you can do it all your self or not. its about your car your way and not giving into wankers that bag your car because THEY think it looks stupid. its your car/vehicle so make it yours and not someone else's. i got someone else to put in my H22 because i simply didnt have the tools and especially the time BUT i wanted it in there so it got in there. most other things i did all my self. i even made up the brackets for my racing seats and got an engineer to finish them off but it was still my design. im not a strong believer in buying a premade because i didnt make it that way. i didnt put in the time. i would rather turn a car into something i love to drive. shit if you wanted stuffed animals in your windows then do it. its still making it your vehicle. if you have watched Mighty Car Mods you might get it
            Last edited by Madpol; 11-15-2013, 03:32 AM.

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
            — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Madpol View Post
              its not whether you can do it all your self or not. its about your car your way and not giving into wankers that bag your car because THEY think it looks stupid. its your car/vehicle so make it yours and not someone else's. i got someone else to put in my H22 because i simply didnt have the tools and especially the time BUT i wanted it in there so it got in there. most other things i did all my self. i even made up the brackets for my racing seats and got an engineer to finish them off but it was still my design. im not a strong believer in buying a premade because i didnt make it that way. i didnt put in the time. i would rather turn a car into something i love to drive. shit if you wanted stuffed animals in your windows then do it. its still making it your vehicle. if you have watched Mighty Car Mods you might get it
              ive watched the show and I "get" it

Sorry if my jokes came across otherwise. I get it. I do.

I have some very different shit going on with some of my cars, and I could give a fuck what other people think. Right now I've been catching a lot of flack over my 10.5:1 compression turbo build on a SOHC vtec engine.

Whatever. I wanted to do it. My friends(the wankers you refer to) think I would get better performance with lower compression (and they're right sort of) and its a waste of money to turbo an f22b1(supposedly the worst engine Honda made)

Again, whatever.

EK fogs on my cd5? Yup, getting slammed for that. Doesn't matter that I fabbed my own brackets and did a quality install with shit bolting to metal and things looking straight.

Running light relay on my cd5?

Yup, getting shit for that too. Running light high beam conversion, HID projector conversion on the low beam with functional splitter for single projector/dual function output.

Lots of shit coming from that one. Apparently that makes me a ricer. Just like my sidemarkers.

Lol. Whatever.

Most of my friends hate on the Honda scene because I have generally been a DSM guy and in DSM land nothing compares. And I get that. I still do understand that DSM's pwn most cars. BUT, I like the idea of having a car that runs. Call me crazy if you'd like, project cars that never run aren't much fun.

I spent a nice chunk of money getting machine work done on the cylinder head for my f22b1 and my end goal is to make about 220-230whp. I am more looking for a nice, fun torque curve than a number whore. For the money I have tied up in this build, I could cut an 11 second pass with a DSM all day long(as long as it ran)

BUT, going fast isn't what this build is about. Not exactly. I want a quality driver that pwns in daily situations. Not some track/dyno whore of a car that you can't really stomp on without miles of straight empty lanes ahead of you.

So yeah, I "get" it. I do.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                just depends on how dedicated you are. you probably wouldnt understand.
                I guess i am not dedicated then. I guess the 100+ hrs in the last month working on my accord is not dedication. I personally do more custom work to my cars than 99% of the people on this forum. But I do not have the talent do it all and sometimes it makes alot more sense to have someone else make something for $20 vs buying a $10,000 piece of equipment to make it yourself. Nor would I ever claim I built something that I did not do 100% of the work or make 100% of the parts.

Saying that it you would rather half ass something yourself than pay to get it done right and then talk crap on those who can afford and choose to have something built better for them is a pure loser attitude.

Our country is being destroyed by this every kid gets a trophy for losing and hating the people who have been successful. I just don't undersand promoting mediocrity as a good thing.
                Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

I guess i am not dedicated then. I guess the 100+ hrs in the last month working on my accord is not dedication. I personally do more custom work to my cars than 99% of the people on this forum. But I do not have the talent do it all and sometimes it makes alot more sense to have someone else make something for $20 vs buying a $10,000 piece of equipment to make it yourself. Nor would I ever claim I built something that I did not do 100% of the work or make 100% of the parts.

Saying that it you would rather half ass something yourself than pay to get it done right and then talk crap on those who can afford and choose to have something built better for them is a pure loser attitude.

Our country is being destroyed by this every kid gets a trophy for losing and hating the people who have been successful. I just don't undersand promoting mediocrity as a good thing.

I kind of agree with this, to an extent. I think you are taking the extreme side of the arguement, but i really do get it. Why waste $3500 building a turbo car and then ruine shit because you'd rather "DIY" the tune vs paying a pro-just an example.

Some people don't have the tools to properly assemble a rotational assembly. They just don't. Then, they half ass it and go to harbor freight and buy the cheapest bullshit micrometer and Dial bore gauge set they can find and consider themselves "professionals"

So yeah, i get what you are saying. I do.

I also understand the whole "built not bought" thing. I build most things, but still need help with shit sometimes. I can operate a die grinder and actually have one but you'll never catch me trying to improve flow on a port that I cannot flowbench afterwards.

Flowbench = mad loot. So, pay to play applies here. Doing it wrong = horrible outcome. Paying someone for their expertise isn't always a bad thing. I also think that 2/3rds of the "built not bought" crowd have bullshit they built that will fall apart in 6 months and that will happen from their own shortcomings but they will just assume thats part of the gig since they don't know any better. Since it was "built not bought" there never was a trained, educated professional handling anything or teaching anyone anything.

So, how would your average tuner know what kind of ring gap to seek with their forged pistons, or what kind of tolerances they need to rev to 10k rpm's, or what sequence and position the piston rings are supposed to be installed in, or why NOT to loctite everything. I mean, all this shit does matter but would be overlooked by people that don't know any better and assume they are doing shit right since its going together seemingly perfect.

You could install piston rings incorrectly all day long and still have a proper piston to wall clearance, use the proper parts and all. Doesn't matter. If you don't assemble it all correctly, it will not last as long. The gaps in the rings and where they are placed actually do matter. Its not just a matter of slipping the pistons in with rings on them yanno.

Another great example, priming the oil pickup or how to prime the oil system so you don't turn over the engine dry.

Or another thing;

How to know when too much assembly grease has been used. Or, how do you properly lube your bearings before you install them? I mean, you could install them correctly all day long and still turn one in the first 500 Rotations if you do it wrong.

Crankshaft endplay is something that most novice engine builders overlook, but is a very important part of the build. Just like knowing how much force it should take to turn the crankshaft and at what point you have a problem.

I can think of lots of qwerks that come up with assembling an engine that aren't really a big deal but if you don't know shit, you WONT know shit.

Often times the leader of the "built not bought" crew is some dumbass that teaches others how to do shit wrong too.

Its like the blind leading the blind sometimes.

So yeah, if you really are passionate about your ride, you should acknowledge your own limits and be willing to pay to get shit right if it is above your skillset or ability from tool restrictions.
                  Last edited by toycar; 11-15-2013, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                    I kind of agree with this, to an extent. I think you are taking the extreme side of the arguement, but i really do get it. Why waste $3500 building a turbo car and then ruine shit because you'd rather "DIY" the tune vs paying a pro-just an example.

Some people don't have the tools to properly assemble a rotational assembly. They just don't. Then, they half ass it and go to harbor freight and buy the cheapest bullshit micrometer and Dial bore gauge set they can find and consider themselves "professionals"

So yeah, i get what you are saying. I do.

I also understand the whole "built not bought" thing. I build most things, but still need help with shit sometimes. I can operate a die grinder and actually have one but you'll never catch me trying to improve flow on a port that I cannot flowbench afterwards.

Flowbench = mad loot. So, pay to play applies here. Doing it wrong = horrible outcome. Paying someone for their expertise isn't always a bad thing. I also think that 2/3rds of the "built not bought" crowd have bullshit they built that will fall apart in 6 months and that will happen from their own shortcomings but they will just assume thats part of the gig since they don't know any better. Since it was "built not bought" there never was a trained, educated professional handling anything or teaching anyone anything.

So, how would your average tuner know what kind of ring gap to seek with their forged pistons, or what kind of tolerances they need to rev to 10k rpm's, or what sequence and position the piston rings are supposed to be installed in, or why NOT to loctite everything. I mean, all this shit does matter but would be overlooked by people that don't know any better and assume they are doing shit right since its going together seemingly perfect.

You could install piston rings incorrectly all day long and still have a proper piston to wall clearance, use the proper parts and all. Doesn't matter. If you don't assemble it all correctly, it will not last as long. The gaps in the rings and where they are placed actually do matter. Its not just a matter of slipping the pistons in with rings on them yanno.

Another great example, priming the oil pickup or how to prime the oil system so you don't turn over the engine dry.

Or another thing;

How to know when too much assembly grease has been used. Or, how do you properly lube your bearings before you install them? I mean, you could install them correctly all day long and still turn one in the first 500 Rotations if you do it wrong.

Crankshaft endplay is something that most novice engine builders overlook, but is a very important part of the build. Just like knowing how much force it should take to turn the crankshaft and at what point you have a problem.

I can think of lots of qwerks that come up with assembling an engine that aren't really a big deal but if you don't know shit, you WONT know shit.

Often times the leader of the "built not bought" crew is some dumbass that teaches others how to do shit wrong too.

Its like the blind leading the blind sometimes.

So yeah, if you really are passionate about your ride, you should acknowledge your own limits and be willing to pay to get shit right if it is above your skillset or ability from tool restrictions.
                    meh, you learn a lot along the way. i have been doing machining for 7+ years and i still make mistakes but you learn from them. you kinda have to because come backs are the worst for both ego and business.

this is why you have to start young and have an open mind. i build everything because i don't trust anyone and it sucks because i waste a lot of time doing small things that my sister probably couldve done right.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                    X