CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 2.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 03:45 AM   #1
heretoaskstuff
CB7tuner Member

heretoaskstuff is cool... so far.
Best ecu for f22a4?

So I just found out that the reason my car will not go past 5,500 rpm's is because the ecu is set to cut back at 5,500. What ecu could I put in to help gain more power and of course redline. I'm not going to be bouncing off of it, I just like for my car to run that high and not be bounded to 5,500. I heard the p12 ecu would help with this?
heretoaskstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:14 AM   #2
accordztech
CB7tuner Member

accordztech is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to accordztech
You need to pay to play. Headwork , cams are just a start of a long process. You have a sohc....dont expect much at that rpm. After everything you won't be happy.

Drop a h22 in or boost yours.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good
accordztech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:20 AM   #3
heretoaskstuff
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordztech View Post
You need to pay to play. Headwork , cams are just a start of a long process. You have a sohc....dont expect much at that rpm. After everything you won't be happy.

Drop a h22 in or boost yours.
I'm already getting a level 2 cam from bisimoto and pro valve springs, I have a jdm obd1 h22a but I don't know what all I need to drop it in there. But for the f I want a n/a build. I have enough money to make it work, but it'll be a little every week.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
accordztech
CB7tuner Member

accordztech is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to accordztech
Why not just boost it and you wont have to redline it.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good
accordztech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #5
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
It shouldn't cut off at 5500. If it's doing that, something is wrong. Another ECU probably won't help that.

For a stock F22A1 or F22A4, a P12 will indeed help. However, if you're getting a Level 2 cam, don't waste your money on a stock ECU. Save for a chipped P06 with a proper tune. No stock ECU is going to like a Level 2 cam.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #6
heretoaskstuff
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
It shouldn't cut off at 5500. If it's doing that, something is wrong. Another ECU probably won't help that.

For a stock F22A1 or F22A4, a P12 will indeed help. However, if you're getting a Level 2 cam, don't waste your money on a stock ECU. Save for a chipped P06 with a proper tune. No stock ECU is going to like a Level 2 cam.
There's a tuner shop around my area who does tune ups and chips, could I get them to tune my pt3 to the level 2 cam? Or would I need a whole new chipped ecu?

Tags
cb7 , ecu , p12 , redline , rpm

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: