Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

M2B4 for F22A1 clarification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M2B4 for F22A1 clarification?

So just for Pre-amble I have previously swapped an ebay H2U5 into my car after the OG tranny committed suicide and it's recently started acting goofy and I'm thinking about trading up. I read through the Swap FAQ and there was one little part that I need clarification on. There is a Post with pictures indicating that a couple of holes need to be drilled and tapped on a Prelude 5-speed in order to use the CB mount. That made perfect sense but the next part confused me because I read on here and Honda-tech I believe, that a prelude transmission will mate up to an F-series without Issue(other than the aforementioned mount thing). The Clarification comes from the post stating that the JDM LSD will not fit in the USDM tranny case. This statement is made just under where the JDM automatic LSD and Non-LSD trannies are listed. Is this referring to the Auto trannies alone or is it saying that the JDM internals with LSD will literally not fit into any USDM case? And if so, is there any issue with an LSD 5 speed mating to an F22 as an interim transmission until an H22 can be purchased and built? There is an M2B4 for sale on HMO right now but I'm wondering if it's worth the money to do it now if this is going to be a potential issue. Thank you for y'all's time and I'm sorry it's always a novel.

Everything you read is correct. All F/H-series transmissions aside from those that came in the '90-'93 Accord came with the updated pattern for the mount to attach to the case. You can either perform the necessary modification to a newer transmission in order to use the OEM CB Accord mount, or you can buy an aftermarket mount from Innovative or ESP.

The bellhousing patterns are also all the same, and all of them (manual and automatic alike) are compatible with any F/H-series engine.

The difference you noted for the internals is only in regard to the case around the differential. The OEM LSD used in the M2B4 is physically larger (not the ring gear diameter, though) than the aftermarket differentials that are made to fit inside the OEM housings. Thus, the M2B4 LSD cannot be put into the case of any other F/H-series transmission. The countershaft and mainshafts of the M2B4 are still just as compatible with any of the other F/H-series transmissions as the rest of them. The issue is purely with the differential and case fitment as it relates to being able to house the differential.

If you want to buy an M2B4 now and install it onto your F22A, go ahead. It will fit up perfectly (aside from the mount issue), use any clutch you could use in your current application, use your existing axles, slave cylinder and hardware.

Something I would ask that I've just never thought to ask someone before that HMO could easily answer, is whether or not the large LSD condition applies to the T2W4 and T2T4 LSD transmissions from the Accord Euro-R and Accord SiR-T, respectively. Those are other potential options for you, regardless of what the answer is. Just curiosity on my part.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Understood and Thank you. I suspected that I was maybe just making it more complicated in my mind. I'm still trying to convince the wife-type that buying this transmission now is an investment but if it comes to it I'll make sure to ask about the 'W4 and 'T4 LSD as well. I only know to go after an M2B4 because a friend of a friend was like "Dude, you need LSD" and I was like "But I get piss-tested" and he was like "No dude, it optimizes the torque output when turning and stuff." and I was all "...Oh." Anyway that's the one he suggested, but he also told me to avoid the ones with ATTS because it's got parts we don't need.

Comment

Working...
      X