Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Sunroof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunroof

Is there a DIY on how to put in a sunroof... I REALLY want one..
    -Will

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
    Is there a DIY on how to put in a sunroof... I REALLY want one..
    Not here, no. It is extremely hard to add a sun roof to a car, mainly because it is hard to cut the roof without causing any buckling in the sheet metal from heat and stress relief.

It would be a much better idea to just buy a new cb7 with a sunroof. Think of it as a chance to get a 1993 EX with an F22A6.
    1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

sunroofs aren't all that great. although i have one, it's another window i have to worry about messing up later.
      [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by AG17CB7 View Post
        sunroofs aren't all that great. although i have one, it's another window i have to worry about messing up later.
        Psh. Sunroofs are awesome. It would be hard for me to buy a car with out one.
        Click for my ride thread.

Comment

sunroofs are the shit

Comment

I have had 4 cars in my life(19 y/o)

-87 Accord LX-i-No sunroof
            -90 Accord Ex-(still own)-Sunroof
            -88 Integra Ls(still own)-Sunroof
            -92 Accord Ex(just got)-Sunroof

I will never own a car without a sunroof unless its a truck.

I love sunroofs.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

I had one car with a sunroof... I liked it, but I don't miss it all that much.

My friend had a 96 Accord LX with an aftermarket sunroof installed. It sucked.

I agree that if you want a sunroof, buy a car with one.

Comment

I would highly advise against doing an aftermarket sunroof.
                Odds are that it is almost guaranteed to leak. And it reduces the structural integrity of the roof as cars with sunroofs from the factory have extra support built into the roof.
                2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
                1993 Honda Accord SE - Sold
                1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold
                1997 Honda Civic EX - Sold
                1996 Saturn SL2 - Totalled
                1982 Mercedes-Benz 300SD - Sold
                1982 Mercedes-Benz 240D - Totalled

Comment

I've always been told that adding an aftermarket sunroof is NOT a good idea. I've seen about 2 cbs that have had a successful install with no leaking. New car is a def.

P.s.
                  On a more cheery note, i love my sunroof. 92accordbl says that they are overrated, but i disagree.
                  -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
                  if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
                  Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

I just wish ours had the 'flip up' option like newer Hondas.
                    2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
                    1993 Honda Accord SE - Sold
                    1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold
                    1997 Honda Civic EX - Sold
                    1996 Saturn SL2 - Totalled
                    1982 Mercedes-Benz 300SD - Sold
                    1982 Mercedes-Benz 240D - Totalled

Comment

Yeah, sunroofs are awesome.
                      1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Originally posted by benji View Post
                        Yeah, sunroofs are awesome.
                        Until they start leaking...

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

i want 2 make a sunroof 2 my cb also, but the guy i have talkd 2 says , since the roof is thiner, the sunroof might b weak and it might need supports but im really looking foward 2 make 1 like the 95 civic one, pop ups, look more sporty, in fact i love sunroof is juss that i dont have 1.
                          AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
                          JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

Is there a way to somehow take the roof off and replace it with one that has a sunroof or is it like welded on?
                            -Will

Comment

Originally posted by iwork4mycb7 View Post
                              i want 2 make a sunroof 2 my cb also, but the guy i have talkd 2 says , since the roof is thiner, the sunroof might b weak and it might need supports but im really looking foward 2 make 1 like the 95 civic one, pop ups, look more sporty, in fact i love sunroof is juss that i dont have 1.
                              wut?

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
                              Is there a way to somehow take the roof off and replace it with one that has a sunroof or is it like welded on?
                              Are you really contemplating removing the roof entirely? Seriously... it's not a bolt on part. We have unibody cars. You'd be cutting and welding a major part of the structure! Plus, measuring correctly so that your windshield has a total seal would be a task in itself.

If you want a sunroof, save up $1000 and buy yourself a 92 EX with a sunroof. That, or learn how to tip your car up on 2 wheels, and ride with the window open.

Comment

Working...
                              X