What is the meaning of human life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Americans are fat because we eat until we pass out

People who eat organic are skinny because they cant afford to pig out on $30/lb ground chuck

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I am older. I have kids, Im married. I own a contracting company, and Im a loanshark(work in finance). I went to college, and graduated as a Beaver(OSU)

You could argue that I have everything I want because I dont really want alot. I couldnt afford a viper or anything like that, but I do have 3 dsm's, a Dodge ram, a Maxima(wifes car) a cd5 accord(daily), a boat, a garage and a cb7(new daily when Im done).

As Ive gotten older I take more pride in providing and being stable, then anything else. I dont own an ipod. I dont have a touch screen anything. SO what. My son has a 36" LCD tv on a 360 degree wal mount in his bedroom, a PS3, an xbox 360 and a WII, and hes 6.

My house is almost paid off, I have literally no debt. I dont even have a credit card in my name. 0, nothing, I dont owe shit. My wife hasnt had to work since we started having kids. I pay for everything, and it feels great!

So, to me life means more then someone, say 16 years old living at home with pops. I enjoy myself, my life and my family. I enjoy my PRIDE and SELF RESPECT more then any material thing I have.

It felt great putting my son in a $1300 bunkbed, and when his friends come over they r like "OMG your Dad is so cool" and for whatever reason, that is awesome.

Im the coach, I am the sponsor. Im involved with PTA. I am the Dad that says,"Lets go get sundays and play miniature golf, why-because its Tuesday thats why. Whats that, your friends want to come too, ok!"

And it feels great to be that person.

Point of my rant, is life is only what you make of it. If you cannot understand long term changes and how your own desires influence your own personal happiness, then your never going to be happy. If you are the type of person that needs the latest, greatest gadgets, your never going to feel complete. If you have unrealistic desires, your setting yourself up for dissapointment.
      Feeling accomplished is way better. Start small, build confidence. Mind you own business, and be selfish. Thats how my I roll.

Why be selfish might you ask? Because I believe people have no business giving advice, or trying to help others if they are not taking GREAT care of themselves first.

Its always easier looking from the outside in, but if your not doing better then me then dont harp some bullshit advice about life that you dont even listen too.

As far as the "meaning of life"

Hahaha, there isnt one. If you get consumed needing reasons, again, your never going to find justification to all the BS life throws at you. You will never be happy.

"Im not going to make this my problem just because you chose to make it yours."

^^^Thats my moddo, and it works.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I was actually thinking about this the other day. I was watching tv bored and was like shit I really am wasting my life. I love to mountain bike and camp and going on different camping trips and seeing different parts of the world is really what I want to do. Not go to cities and visit places where people actually live. I want to go places very few people in the world get to see. Travel places a car or plane cant take you. Why would I want to see some place thousands of people actually get to call home. Thats not very interesting to talk about.

It also got me thinking about who do I know would survive if for some reason all the luxury in life went away. You know no electricity, running water, nice house with king size bed, and flushing toilets. Not many people I can think of would be able to live a life without that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
          What is the meaning of human life?
          Is there a meaning? If there isn't, then why isn't life a total chaos?
          If there is, then why do we spend 60% of it working for some greedy boss/corporation... and the remaining 40% on the internet? (I am not counting the time we spend sleeping)

What will we think when we are 90years old (life expectancy is supposed to increase) and we realize that we spent the majority of our free time surfing the web and modding old cars? Will we feel like we used the little time we had wisely? Is there really nothing more exciting to see/do in the world?
          i dont think that i will live past 90, but i will live in the afterlife. many people think that you live here and then you die and that is the end of story.....

Comment

This is no real point of life.

We just live.

That's how its been since existence. We as people create different ways to live, which ultimately makes each and every individual unique. That uniqueness brings diversity to the world, and then in turn we are able to define or idealize what's the purpose of our being here through our own unique thoughts. In actuality, there's no right answer. Only God has the answer (for those that believe).

With my reasoning, the purpose of human existence or human life is to live. To live, well you define it in a way to bring peace, happiness, sanity, or any other emotion that you cross in your daily living.
            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Srsly the real question is wtf happens when you die lol.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                Just suck in your belly and give them a tug. Make sure not to rip them though.
                Let me rephrase.

I want to reside in a woman's vagina and be feed a sandwich like how an adult kangaroo takes care of their kids inside the their marsupium.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

I wonder if you asked people from 100/200/300 years ago what the meaning of life was, what the general idea was. Or even farther back than that.

Comment

Working...
                  X