Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Which to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which to get?

So, I'm debating between 2 wagons.
    There's a White 91EX that's only about 3 hours away. Needs clear coat, driver mirror replaced, antenna, has a small dent above the driver's dor, and has a little bit of the door panel fabric peeling.

Or, a Green 92EX that's got extensive service records, looks to be in very good condition, and is a little cheaper, but has 2 little spots of rust and is 8 hours away.

What are your thoughts?
    White 91EX
    38.46%
    Green 92EX
    61.54%
    2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
    1993 Honda Accord SE - Sold
    1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold
    1997 Honda Civic EX - Sold
    1996 Saturn SL2 - Totalled
    1982 Mercedes-Benz 300SD - Sold
    1982 Mercedes-Benz 240D - Totalled

id prob go with the green because of the service records

Comment

That's which I'm leaning toward, just a little concerned about the rust. I'll have to look back and see where it is.
      2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
      1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold

Comment

rust can always be taken care of, it may cost more
        but at least you know the cars life

Comment

True, the rust is on the right rear wheel arch, just above the rear bumper. And on left rear wheel arch at the bottom just behind the back door.

Anyone have any idea on about what I can expect repairing this rust to cost?
          2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
          1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold

Comment

I'd check the depth of the rust on the green vehicle. Give the car a thorough look over, especially the undercarriage.

Sometimes a small amount of rust in one place can mean more rust in many more places.

If everything checks out well, I'd go with the green one. Good choice on getting a wagon; done well, they can look great.

Comment

i like the color white more but service records man i rather goo with tht makes the car more relieable. and rust will happen to the white one anywayz its in our car jeans lol its a cancer they'll all get.. lol so my vote goes for the green.
              2004 Accord Sedan CM6 (daily)
              Koni Yellows, Hood Bra,Splash Guards,Deck Lid,Weather Mats,Sunroof Visor,Fog Lights <-All OEM, Mugen Door Visors, 07 Tsx Wheels.
              1990 Accord Coupe CB7 (project)
              H22 Swap, Skunk2 Springs on Koni Str.t, Rear Disk Swap, Fog Lights, 92-93 Trunk Conversion, 02 Accord Rims

Comment

Yeah, I really want a white one, but color is pretty easily changed. And the green is growing on me. Now I just gotta find a way to pay for it, and a way to get out to Alabama to get it.
                Road trip anyone?
                2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
                1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                  id prob go with the green because of the service records
                  I agree with Jhoff_cb7...If you're going to fix the rust spot on the '92 or the passenger side door on the '91...either way you would have to paint them but if the green one has the service records than go with the green...plus the green one has the best OEM front end made for USDM cb7's and it's arcadia green so it would look much...much better when you drop it and all that if you're planning to, if not, I still like the green one better lol good luck
                  1990 Accord EX

Comment

the green ones not arcadia green ut is a green (not sure what the color is actually called) but is like a seafoam green. Anyways either one is a good choice.
                    "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                    sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                    Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                    Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

That green one is arcadia, just compare it to my sig, mine is the light green.

Opel Green Metallic only came on 92 LX's

I think I'd go for the 91. Its cleaner, no rust, and alot closer. 91 EX wagons also came with the A6. You can buff out the white paint too, Frost white is a single stage, not base/clear. So it had no clear from the start.
                      Last edited by Accrdwgnguy; 04-08-2009, 02:25 PM.
                      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

91 looks better for sure.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                        dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

i say 91.

Comment

Originally posted by AstroVannin View Post
                            91 looks better for sure.
                            dont go for looks, go for service records
                            trust me, you want to know your old car was taking care of

Comment

trust me tht white one is gonna get rusty too just go with wats more reliable
                              2004 Accord Sedan CM6 (daily)
                              Koni Yellows, Hood Bra,Splash Guards,Deck Lid,Weather Mats,Sunroof Visor,Fog Lights <-All OEM, Mugen Door Visors, 07 Tsx Wheels.
                              1990 Accord Coupe CB7 (project)
                              H22 Swap, Skunk2 Springs on Koni Str.t, Rear Disk Swap, Fog Lights, 92-93 Trunk Conversion, 02 Accord Rims

Comment

Working...
                              X