Koni yellow question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Koni yellow question

So i have my new front koni shocks and am wondering what hardware will i need to transfer from my old oem shocks on to the new konis to have them complete?? I think its just the top part?? Heres a pic of what they came with new from tire rack, also how do you adjust the dampening? Im guessing its using the white knob on the top of the rod but how do you know where your at if you cant feel clicks on there to guide you?? Thanks

Originally posted by Junior Smurff View Post
    So i have my new front koni shocks and am wondering what hardware will i need to transfer from my old oem shocks on to the new konis to have them complete?? I think its just the top part?? Heres a pic of what they came with new from tire rack, also how do you adjust the dampening? Im guessing its using the white knob on the top of the rod but how do you know where your at if you cant feel clicks on there to guide you?? Thanks

Those are brand new?? Then why's there a dent in the shock body?
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
      thats the notch where the bolt for the shock fork goes.

Comment

I suppose, its the notch where the bolt for the shock fork goes

Originally posted by nate'sCB7 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by nate'sCB7 View Post
          Really? Right there is supposed to be there?

Comment

Yes, both of them have that exact same dent. Now, can anybody answer my question?? Thanks again

Comment

I'm holding on to some of these still. I'll check them when I get home for the dent.

You should just need the 2 upper strut bushings that rest on the tophat and the bump stop off the original strut . Other than that the supplied koni hardware should be used.

I haven't adjusted them before but there's alot of links out there that tell you how.

Comment

Kool man, Thanks! Damn koni didnt supply any instuctions on anything, not even on how to assemble them!

Comment

Thats weird, my yellows from the Tire Rack came with assembly and adjustment instructions. As far as adjustment goes, turned all the way clockwise is full soft and 720 degrees (2 turns) counter-clockwise is hardest.

Comment

Here yo dont mind the H&R badging, these are Koni Yellows:

And from another thread, Adjustment:
                    Originally posted by Karl View Post
                    http://www.koni.ie/technology/adjustment/

use the adjustment procedure for the 8010
                    And yea DJ, those dents are where the wish bone pinch bolt grazes through, helps align them along with the little tab on the backside into the wishbone
                    Last edited by illinois_erik; 04-12-2012, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Awesome dude, thats exactly what i was looking for!!!

Comment

I just never knew they came with that "notch", never seen it before. Learn something new everyday.

Comment

I just never knew they came with that "notch", never seen it before. Learn something new everyday.
                          stocks have em too

Awesome dude, thats exactly what i was looking for!!!
                          NP I grabbed the sheet outta the car on the pad on the way to school and scanned it just for you :P

Comment

If i could figure out how to give you rep points i would! Haha

Comment

If i could figure out how to give you rep points i would! Haha
                              click the little scale to the left under muh nickname by the green dot lol, thanks kindly

Comment

Working...
                              X