Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.I.P Daniel (JDMDaniel240)

This is hard to even think about right now

Last night a friend of mine wanted to go for a cruise in the moutains ( gambrill state park in frederick md ). It was just going to be me and him until Daniel said he wanted to come

Like a normal night we all met up at a location before we headed out. he took a bit to get there and we were just waiting. Finally he arrived, got some gas and we were headed off for one last time.

We reached the road and we all took off, i was in the lead since i know the roads better than any of them. Literally i have JUST ridden this road with him in his car last night, i knew how he was driving ( kinda hard but not unsafe ). This night he was keeping up with me a lot better than i would expect since i am in a car 100x better than his.

Well we complete the first run through and everything was fine. We stopped before we turned around to let our brakes cool and he wanted to put his go-pro on. I said " hey dude why not put the go-pro on my car instead of yours " he siad " no because if it falls off i won't know because the signal won't reach my phone " so i said " let trevor ( his best friend, and a safer driver than any of us ) drive his car. He didn't want that so we just took off. Me in the lead again. Everything went smooth and we finished nearly all of the pass. I had slowed down at that point because i was just about done.

All of the sudden we pass a cop going the other direction. I got scared and booked it. I was fucking flying. Daniel saw me take off and decided he wanted to run as well.

Daniel came around a turn and there was a car in the oncoming lane, he hugged his turn too tight, his wheel went off the road for a brief moment and he lost control. His car hit a tree and he was killed on impact. His passenger trevor made it out alive without even a scratch.

Its truly a fucking tragic event, none of use deserved to die that night, we were all just having some fun with our cars we spend so much time on.

This fucking sucks.

Daniel wasn't a long time friend of mine but he was a good friend. We hung out and did stupid car shit together all the time. I always was the one to help him fix his accord from anything to swapping his engine to fixing his door lock actuator at night so he could open his door again. He was a good level headed friend that got along with me on a level most people don't.

Daniel i'm going to miss you and i wish things could have been different.

This is a video of him driving on the same road the night before

Somewhere is the go-pro that was on his car the night of the accident. The police took it as " evidence ".

Sucks man sorry to hear about your friend. However you shouldnt be as detailed as you are till the shit storm passes be prepared to be charged with *something*. Especially since they have video, and your actions and everyone else there contributed to the persons demise.

Everyone else this is why you keep it on a fucking track. whether it be straight or the Tsukuba.

Comment

The cops already told us we weren't in any trouble. I told him every single detail that i said above.

Comment

Man, that really sucks. It's truly scary to think of how quick you can go from being in total control to losing it completely. It's a real tragedy to lose one of our own.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          The cops already told us we weren't in any trouble. I told him every single detail that i said above.
          yes the cops lie or can be inaccurate. trust me cops can say red and the ASA/DA can pop up and say blue. just sayin..

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
            Yeah. You were really not to blame. You weren't racing him, and the accident wasn't due to your actions. The only thing you could be charged with is reckless driving, but chances are slim that they'd attempt to charge you after the fact.

This was just a case of carelessness unfortunate circumstance. You were both driving within your limits before seeing the cop, but likely pushed harder and drove more recklessly while running away. It was a stupid move, and Daniel unfortunately paid for it with his life.

I agree with Erik... this stuff belongs on a track. No cops to run from, no oncoming traffic to disorient you and mess up your line, no unexpected flaws in the road surface, and emergency personnel on hand in the event of an accident.
            I know it's pointless for Daniel to say it now, but hopefully this will serve as a lesson to those still with us. Hopefully people will learn from this how quickly even a competent driver with a capable car can lose control. It doesn't take much, and even the best can't foresee every potential danger.

Comment

wow im sorry. the way you describe your relationship i think i have a friend like him now. he cant turn a wrench for crap but we hang out drink beers and mess around on our rides. i know it has to be a hard thing to go hrough, i cant imagine if it happened to me. keep your head up

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
              It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Damn..... R.I.P. Daniel, my terrorist ninja.
                Originally posted by Mishakol129
                Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

RIP.

But if the video looks like or shows any sort of carelessness on the involved parties you can be charged. It's a terrible situation anyway you look at it, so may he RIP.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                  Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Sad.

That said, this infuriates me. Time and time again people are told to race on the track. So, not only did you guys NOT take it to the track, you also decided to RUN FROM THE POLICE. For what? To avoid a ticket? To save your car from being crushed? Was it worth it?
                    My Car
                    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

In a situation like that, you just act. You don't think. That's when stupid things happen.

They weren't even being chased. Chances are, the cop didn't even care. But when you know you're doing something wrong, especially when you're young... you see a cop and hightail it out of there.
                      I'm not defending it... but I've done it myself.

Comment

Wow. Just a loss of words. Not a way a member should go out.
                        RIP.

Comment

Ive dipped too, well before the lights came on, thus no evading. But I dont meet up with my friends to do the auto louge thru mountains or whatever. What if the dumbass hit the person that fucked their shit up anyway, say a minivan with a hot divorced milf and 4 kids...Thats the stupid part and at night..wtf.. The chances in the field are not controlled like a track as its been preached..yeah its fun but take it as a lesson, and your friend paid the tuition and lucikly no one else was involved. and watch for the po po.. i bet a case is building up right now especially with that video..

Comment

Done it myself aswell lost my license for 2years, 24month's of probation, and 100 hours of community service. Luckly i nor the police involved got in a wreck with speeds greater than 120mph, but it taught me to slow the hell down and you can't outrun the radio.

I know the feeling of running nothing crossed my mind after i seen the lights just pure adrenalin. As said i'm lucky to be alive and learnt from it. I hope others learn from this thread and terrible situation.

02 Crv
                            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

We really weren't running from him, we passed him and got scare he might pull us over so we wanted to get away before he could turn around.

Honesty I'm luky to be here too

I was driving a car I've never driven before very hard. I was scared and knew I could get away. Thankfully I kept my DSC on because there were a 3 times I had the rear end slide.

Comment

Working...
                              X