No announcement yet.

Rilas : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Literally just went through your whole build. Man you're throwing down mad work on this thing. Props and keep it up. Can't wait to see it finished!
    1991 Accord Sedan LX: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=173444
    1991 Accord Wagon LX: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=209652

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
      Awesome updates. I'm kind of surprised with how your ESP parts turned out. The engine looks like it's coming together nicely.
      Thanks Mike! It's coming together slowly for sure. Seems I'm always waiting on something to finally make some progress somewhere. Yea I'm really surprised at how fragile this last piece was, and the fact that I broke welds just torquing it down.

Originally posted by Sequence View Post
      Literally just went through your whole build. Man you're throwing down mad work on this thing. Props and keep it up. Can't wait to see it finished!
      Thanks Sequence! You and me both want to see it finished! Hopefully over the winter I can finish up all the cosmetic bits in the interior, which will be a large step in the project.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Well while typing I was literally at the end of this giant wall of text I wrote and pushed something on the keyboard to either reload the page or something and it wiped out the entire block of text, so I'm going to try and rewrite it again...

I know I'm a bit behind on the pictures guys. I will work on this tonight, lately I just haven't had the time or motivation to sort through the pictures and get them uploaded. I have been documenting what I've been working on though. I've just been finishing up projects and coming in the house around 11:00 pm I just don't have any drive to do computer related stuff. Hopefully things are slowing down a bit for now though.

Over the past 2 weeks or so I haven't done a whole lot to the H22A1 but I have managed to get some of the smaller items off the list.

-Coolant Neck Installed
        -Thermostat Installed
        -Thermostat Cover Installed
        -Thermostat Fan Switch Installed
        -Coolant Neck Fan Switch Installed
        -Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Installed
        -Oil Pressure Sensor Plug Installed (I haven't installed the oil pressure sensor yet just the plug in the block that it goes into.)
        -VTEC Solenoid Cleaned
        -Idler Bearing Installed
        -Manual Tensioner Installed (This is a Honda auto tensioner that I converted over to a manual tensioner. I will get you guys some pictures of this.)
        -Intake Manifold EGR Plug Installed (I wanted to put a plug into the EGR port on the head, but I forgot to ask while it was at the machine shop. Now that it is almost fully assembled and bolted to the block this wasn't really an option. I opted for plugging the EGR passage right at the entrance into the intake manifold.)
        -IACV Polished (With the intake manifold being so clean from the factory still I didn't want to install my ratty eBay IACV. Last night I polished it up a little bit using the Dremel bits I used to polish the exhaust ports on the head.)

There are some other things that I can't remember right now, but they are small things that just needed to be done.

Over the weekend I finally took the time to cleanup the garage a bit, and packup the H22A1 so I could put Lola in the garage. It was time to do some work on her. She had a few issues that needed to be addressed.

-A/C Fan Installed (It has lost 3 of the mounting zip tie things that held it onto the radiator. In turn it also lost it's mounting feet. I had one spare foot that I could find so it's now mounted with 2 feet and I redid the zip ties in a better fashion. I have some more feet on order now.)
        -Passenger Door Handle Installed
        -Drivers Door Lock Fixed (Both of the covers for my drivers door lock had somehow gotten ripped out before I ever owned the car. I fully disassembled the driver door lock and swapped out the internal locking bits with the one from the junkyard passenger door handle. Now my door handle looks as it should instead of a gaping hold with some aluminum in it.)
        -Rear Subframe Trimmed (This is the 3rd time now I've done some trimming on the rear subframe to alleviate the ST sway bar from rubbing/hitting it. I think I've finally managed to get it to fully clear.)
        -Atlantis Blue Green Bumper Cover Installed (This changed the look of the car so much. It just doesn't even seem like it's really my car anymore. It looks so much better than the flat black plastic! Will get some pictures of this tonight, as my little guy and I are taking Lola out for a drive. Granted I do have some vibration in the bumper cover now, but the last few clips I need are on order already. I just couldn't save all the clips removing them, and didn't have any spares laying around.)

I think that is all that I have done over the last 2 weeks or so. I'll get some pictures up and let them do the talking for me later today.

Comment

I have an opinion question for any of you who are willing to give me any input. I'm trying to decide on what header to put on my H22A1 and I've come down to 3 options. If you were to pick one of these 3 which would it be?

PLM H22A RFM

PLM H22A Ramhorn (If this is the one I decide on it will be welded solid. I will not leave this as a 2 piece.)

1320 H22A Logic Replica

I'm sure the Logic would give me the best midrange for sure. But can the other 2 being 4-1's really be that awful down low and in the midrange. I know the design is more for the top end but does the rest of the power band really suffer. I know the RMF's were sought after back in the day, but most of the newer design's are all 4-2-1's. Vibrant, PLM's SMSP Replica, Logic Replica's.

I think the RMF and the Ramhorn look far cooler but it's not always about the looks unfortunately. Let me know what you guys would buy. I know a few of our members already have the Logic replica's and that you guys are happy with them.

Comment

Why don't you look for the Vibrant_Prelude Facebook page and buy one of the authentic Vibrant headers that some of the users are selling? When we had the group buy a year ago, a few guys bought extras.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I am not sure what is up with the Jamaican Teal for you. Its 2nd time you have had issues with this color if I remember right? I don't believe the weld is broke just stressed the powder coating. Go ahead and send it back if want and will see what the deal is. But I would probably recommend another color. Process is the same we use on all our products. Has be something in the powder it self that is just not working. -John ESP

Comment

For your exhaust manifold are you looking to keep AC and or PS?

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                  For your exhaust manifold are you looking to keep AC and or PS?
                  Keeping AC, PS is already gone and will remain gone forever. I'm not to worried about this though because, I can get the lines to go around the header or just get some custom lines made.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                    Keeping AC, PS is already gone and will remain gone forever. I'm not to worried about this though because, I can get the lines to go around the header or just get some custom lines made.
                    Oh yeah forgot you removed the PS. Yeah AC with custom lines sounds amazing. Can't wait to see what you pick.

Comment

Car was stolen last night.

Comment

I am sorry to hear that.
                        I hope you have more luck finding your cb7 than the other memberlists had finding theirs in salvageable condition.

Did you have a alarm or a kill switch installed?
                        CB7TUNER.com
                        Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

No!!!! Your black coupe interior project!

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                            Car was stolen last night.
                            oh man I am so sorry to hear that, keep us updated and here's wishing a safe return.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

WHAT?!!!!? That is awful. I am sorry to hear that.
                              http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

What!? FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCCCC!!!K!!!! Damn bro! >.< I'm at a loss for words but I hope our get the car back in one piece! Keep us updated
                                1991 Accord Sedan LX: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=173444
                                1991 Accord Wagon LX: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=209652

Comment

Working...
                                X