I'm back with my 2nd h22a swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wiring update

I was concerned about the wire by the wiper motor so i removed it. I put this rubber wire sheild. Im not sure what it is called they use it for wiring installations at my job. I brought some home. Much safer then my previous setup.

After i intalled the rubber, i filled that hole up with silicone. Also i put a glob of silicone ont top of the wire were the wiper assembly sit on top, to minimize friction.

I put it here as well . Even though i have a piece of rubber wraped around the wire under the tape in this section. I was thinking this metal was too thin to make a good ground here . I was lazy to strech the ground wires to some were were i can bolt it . So i drilled a pilot hole . Then i took my multimeter , and set it to continuity. Placed 1 lead in the test hole and the other lead on various parts of the chassis. The most resistance i got was 1 ohm with a clear beep. That should be good enough if i add a ground strap on the passenger side. i moved forward with grinding off the paint around the hole. I then wire wheeled the treads on my mounting hardware. All these steps are to insure a good ground. I bolted the ground box and checked again with the multimeter. I also did a stress test to see if the bolt would get loose . It passed the i put silicone over it to prevent rust.

Keeping my abs system

Before everything got taped up.
    a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
    out with the old and in with the new

Comment

wiring update

I was concerned about the wire by the wiper motor so i removed it. I put this rubber wire sheild. Im not sure what it is called they use it for wiring installations at my job. I brought some home. Much safer then my previous setup.

After i intalled the rubber, i filled that hole up with silicone. Also i put a glob of silicone ont top of the wire were the wiper assembly sit on top, to minimize friction.

I put it here as well . Even though i have a piece of rubber wraped around the wire under the tape in this section. I was thinking this metal was too thin to make a good ground here . I was lazy to strech the ground wires to some were were i can bolt it . So i drilled a pilot hole . Then i took my multimeter , and set it to continuity. Placed 1 lead in the test hole and the other lead on various parts of the chassis. The most resistance i got was 1 ohm with a clear beep. That should be good enough if i add a ground strap on the passenger side. i moved forward with grinding off the paint around the hole. I then wire wheeled the treads on my mounting hardware. All these steps are to insure a good ground. I bolted the ground box and checked again with the multimeter. I also did a stress test to see if the bolt would get loose . It passed the i put silicone over it to prevent rust.

Keeping my abs system

Before everything got taped up.
      a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed

Comment

A LITTLE Somthing

I got some dress up hardware from sickspeed neo chrome. So i put the fenders back on make sure things line up with the wiring. Also re installed the washer resivor and hood latch. Im being helt back by alot of parts. Parts that i have to repaint black. For example brackets, horns, window wiper moldings, power steering pipes, and ps pump.

Last edited by jaykilla116; 08-02-2015, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing this!

Wire tuck and keeping abs. That's bold. My EXs. Have been stripped from abs. It was just a hassle and I like the standard brakes.

Comment

upcoming events

So here's what I have lined up so far I will be painting various parts black. some of many are wiper molding, horns, front subframe, wiper arms ect.

I will be wiring fender side markers and relocating the battery to the rear with summit Premium relocation kit. Also adding jumper post to the front.

Comment

Nice progress! I hope you keep it going!

Comment

Love the well thought out pictures and descriptions of everything ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

sr*s sucks tailpipe

Hey viewers i received the srs all aluminum radiator with disappointment. The radiator didn't seem to be brand new . With dings and bent fins. It looks like it may have been returned and resold waiting for a sucker. The logo that was sprayed on looked miss aligned. There were some major clearence issues which i could have been corrected. That would of ended up in cutting the front subframe and shaving the radiator itself. I will be returning it all together. Priced at $220 its not far under koyorad and mishimoto wich comes in around $267 mishi and $303. Koyo with specific rad cap.

Last edited by jaykilla116; 08-07-2015, 11:13 AM.

Comment

thanks for you comments

Thank you guys for your comments. Highly appreciated

Comment

Mail Time

Summit racing never lets me down.
                      I purchase the premium battery reloction kit and its beautiful high quality cables hardware pre. Connected terminals on the battery side. Wire mounts and sealed box. In addition i purchased the jumper post as well. I will intall this over the weekend.

Comment

ummm what to do now .

Oh i know lets rip hafe the interior out of the car. Reasons for my actions you might ask. Well i dont plan on keeping a tan interior. Its not my thing. Plus i had to run the 1 guage power cable to the starter and fuse box for the battery relocation. My first time doing this i must have stared at the car for about 35 mins looking for the most ideal route for the wire . Then eureka there it was a perfect pre drilled hole right in the firewall it had a plastic plug which took its place so I popped it out then I saw the EVAP canister. The kit came with a few gromets so i retrofitted it into the original plug i will add silicone for safety. I had to lube the wire with WD to get it on. Lol opps i forgot to mention my route . From the trunk under the rear seat down the floor bord threw the rail were the passenger seat mounts under the ecu cover out threw the hole from heaven.

Last edited by jaykilla116; 08-07-2015, 10:00 PM.

Comment

stupid intermittent drizzle

I finally got around to painting those parts and then out off no were light drizzle lucky i didnt start painting. The sad part was i mixed thenpaint already. Then it cleared up i did about to coats then the drizzle came. Luckily the paint was dry. I tryied to move in the garage the fumes were to heavy. I have no fan.
                          I did what i could in the garage but i held of on the clear . The clear is to powerful for the garage.

Lol that gaget i have the items hung from is for my green screen back drop.

Comment

i have a treat for u guys n gals.

I already sucessfully retro fitted 1 0em headlight with projector and square halo. Came out awesome. I am waiting on my new headlights to arrive. The old head light was for testing and fabrrcation breakthroughs. I had to by a dremmel and do some cutting . I only had to drill 1 hole. Alo it kit i bought featured dual halos. I had to ditch 1 because it was simply too big. Wait for pick updates.

Ok you can see were i drilled the hole and why. I will fill it with waterproof silicone. Also you can see how the projector is mounted. The end of it is threaded. And it fits threw the existing hole. And i tighten the nut on the back then there is a braket to mout the h1 light blub. A lock spring is included but i didnt intall it because this is only a test headlight.

This is the 2nd halo i discarded because its too big and i had to shave the bottom and top of the halo housing.

FINISHED PRODUCT.
                            Last edited by jaykilla116; 08-24-2015, 07:17 AM.

Comment

yesterday's progress.

Yesterday i manned up. It was me vs the mosquitoes. I found out i made an error when i ran the battey cable for th relocation. I watch a video on you tube and saw how they did it. What i should have done in the first place was mount the battery box first and use the battery to see what orientation your wires will run. Also u had to fish the cable threw the box first then sen it to ur final destination. I will up date pics later.

I also managed to make the holes for my fender side markers. I used tape measue, masking tape, and a dremel to get the job done.
                              Last edited by jaykilla116; 08-24-2015, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Sorry for stoping the build i bought a CLK 500 and it's been taking up some of my funds but I'm almost done. I will be resuming the CB early spring or late winter also I moved so now I have my own personal garage I will be transferring my belongings and then I'll be ready to let the games begin

Comment

Working...
                                X