Abs Removal Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abs Removal Help

My Abs system is not working that I know of, I had a light on in the Instrument cluster which i took out years ago and Im planning on doing a wire tuck so besides removing whats under the hood what else would I run into?

I'm wondering this exact same thing.

Comment

the abs brain, wiring harness, wheel speed sensors, abs fuses and relays

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

What about the big abs resevoir under the hood how do we do that? Thats my main concern. EDIT: Just wanting to know if I can just take that out or are the brake lines routed through that or what?

Comment

The brake lines are routed through it but you can still take it out. You will need to replace all front lines in under the hood with the lines from a non-ABS Accord.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Does the abs not run to the back lines?

Comment

Where the proportioning valve sits in the bay in a non-ABS Accord there is a splitter. The lines that direct flow to the rear from that splitter are the same on an ABS car and a non-ABS car.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

just need 90-93 dx/lx front brake lines. you will need to reflare 1 line or buy and adapter. when i did mine, i got an adapter from advance auto parts so i didnt have to flare the rear line that goes into the master cylinder.
                COUPE K24

Comment

great info and fast too preciate it guys

Comment

Working...
                  X