Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the A6 Intake work on the f22b block??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the A6 Intake work on the f22b block??

Will the A6 Intake work on the f22b block?? or is it O OO O like the exhaust holes?

Same spacing as the exhaust manifold, so no.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

besides swapping sensor connectors from the a6 harness to the f22b harness will I run into any other problems?

Comment

Why not just swap your F22A head onto the F22B?
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

"F22B" can denote the JDM version of the F22B1/2/6 that is a SOHC in both VTEC and non-VTEC models or it can be used to describe the F22B DOHC engine. Please clarify if you want helpful answers.

Also, an intake manifold bolts to the cylinder head, not the block.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

The intake ports on the SOHC F22B (1/2) are the same spacing as the F22A, they are 0-0-0-0 not 0-00-0 like there exhaust. That being said, the F22A intake manifold would take a lot of work to get it to fit and flow properly on the SOHC F22B heads. The port openings are a bit off. The F22a is more of a horizontal design were as the SOHC F22B is more of a vertical design.

On the other hand if you have the DOHC F22B. It uses the same intake as the H23A1 so you would be able to use the F22A intake on that one.
            Last edited by GhostAccord; 03-07-2014, 10:14 AM.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              "F22B" can denote the JDM version of the F22B1/2/6 that is a SOHC in both VTEC and non-VTEC models or it can be used to describe the F22B DOHC engine. Please clarify if you want helpful answers.

Also, an intake manifold bolts to the cylinder head, not the block.
              F22b1

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
              Why not just swap your F22A head onto the F22B?
              I got the Intake to mount up, only thing off is the water passage,was thinking to swap heads but i really didnt wanna get to tearing the engine down

Comment

Working...
              X